Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: Erik Goeddel clears waivers; now a FA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:23 am

So Becerra will remain in organization. The others will be milbFAs in a few days. Confirmed.

Re: Becerra, Evans, Taijeron and Pill also removed from 40 m

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 am

Steve The Original wrote:The great Tommy Milone for some reason gets to stay. Is there a minimum that you have to keep on the 40 man before you add or something that I don't know about? Matt Reynolds gets to stay too? Wowza


I think other moves will have to be made. There's still too many on the roster with rule 5 and a free agent signing or two (or three?). The deadline for cuts is still a week or so away. (Nov 3rd last year, not sure what it is this year).

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/2016 ... ant-dates/

Re: Becerra, Evans, Taijeron and Pill also removed from 40 m

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 am

Steve The Original wrote:The great Tommy Milone for some reason gets to stay. Is there a minimum that you have to keep on the 40 man before you add or something that I don't know about? Matt Reynolds gets to stay too? Wowza


Because the non tender deadline is before Rule 5 protection deadline it doesn’t matter when they make the decision on Milone. He’ll be gone too. They’re just giving the guys who are MiLBFAs a heads up on the offseason it seems.

Re: Becerra, Evans, Taijeron and Pill also removed from 40 m

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:28 am

I'm assuming this doesn't preclude some agreement that one or more of these guys will re-sign at that time.

Re: Erik Goeddel clears waivers; now a FA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:51 am

Disco Ball wrote:
Hot Takes wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:So the 40 is down to 35 now. After the 3 60s that have to be added back, it'll be 38. And then non tenders for Milone and Aoki plus Reyes being a FA will send it back down to 35. Could see them DFA Monty also. Even without that, that's room for 5 players to protect.


If we sign no free agents. Gotta think we'll nab a starter and a backup outfielder minimum. Probably a reliever or infielder too.

Maybe Guillorme and Bashlor are the only guys who are going to get protected.


Seeing that they are just about the only two that could contribute to the big league team at some point next year, I think that is probably accurate. Uceta is too far away and Bautista is further out. Oswalt is the only other question mark.



Oswalt is going to be protected...I give it a 93.87% chance. We are nearly barren of starting pitchers who will be on the AAA/ML express and after the season he had, why would you not give him a chance?

Re: Erik Goeddel clears waivers; now a FA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:53 am

MarkJohnson>You wrote:So Becerra will remain in organization. The others will be milbFAs in a few days. Confirmed.


A bit sad about Evans but not surprised. I don't know why there is so much love for Reynolds.

Re: Erik Goeddel clears waivers; now a FA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:58 am

I would guess Evans re-signs on a minor league deal with a ST invite. He's still pretty close on the depth chart so it might make sense for him to give it one more go with this organization. In all likelihood he'll be called up at some point next year.

Re: Erik Goeddel clears waivers; now a FA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:34 am

Ralf wrote:I would guess Evans re-signs on a minor league deal with a ST invite. He's still pretty close on the depth chart so it might make sense for him to give it one more go with this organization. In all likelihood he'll be called up at some point next year.

I'll be pretty surprised if this is not the case.

Re: Erik Goeddel clears waivers; now a FA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:45 am

Ralf wrote:I would guess Evans re-signs on a minor league deal with a ST invite. He's still pretty close on the depth chart so it might make sense for him to give it one more go with this organization. In all likelihood he'll be called up at some point next year.


Maybe...

Depth Chart 2B or 3B
- David Wright (Will start on DL)
- Asdeubal Cabrera
- Wilmer Flores
- New FA (highly likely)
- TJ Rivera (may start on the DL)
- Matt Reynolds
- Gavin Cecchini
- Phil Evans

Lots of ? Marks but 7th or 8th on a depth chart isn’t close... He should find a new team and become Justin Turner.

Re: Erik Goeddel clears waivers; now a FA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

You know you're a bad team if Evans is on it. If they were hovering round .500 in late June they'd trade for a veteran.


8)

Re: Erik Goeddel clears waivers; now a FA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:07 pm

stevereiff wrote:
Lots of ? Marks but 7th or 8th on a depth chart isn’t close... He should find a new team and become Justin Turner.


I'll bet you 7 dollars that Evans doesn't become Justin Turner.

Re: Erik Goeddel clears waivers; now a FA

Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:29 pm

LTKfRGM wrote:
stevereiff wrote:
Lots of ? Marks but 7th or 8th on a depth chart isn’t close... He should find a new team and become Justin Turner.


I'll bet you 7 dollars that Evans doesn't become Justin Turner.


Lol only 7$????
Not much of a gambler :)

But yeah the odds are pretty low for that to happen. I just wish him the best with his career.
Post a reply