MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Thank you Carlos
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:02 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Always thought the “fans didn’t appreciate him” thing was such BS. He stunk the first year and I’m sorry he was too fragile to take heat for that. The rest of the time the fans loved him.

I honestly don't care about winning or losing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:22 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
Steve The Original wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:
Should probably go in as a Royal, but this would be a cool one day contract decision.

I believe he's on the record as wanting to go on as a Met if the HOF comes calling. And it's very debatable as to what cap he should wear. He played for the Mets in more games, had a higher OPS, and won 3 Gold Gloves as a Met. As a matter of fact as i'm typing more he really should be inducted as a Met.

I think that was probably more of a "it would be awkward to say no" answer to whether he'd consider the Mets.

I think he should be more of a blank hat guy. He is one of the best Mets ever, but still it only amounted to about 4 great years here....I think of him more as a great player than a great Met

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 pm 
Legend of NYFS

SergioTheLittleMan wrote:
I wouldn't go in as a Met if I were him. The fans never appreciated him. He didn't deserve the crap and they don't deserve the cap.

But maybe he's a bigger man than Sergio, The Little Man.

Speak for yourself

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:39 pm 
Veteran Presence

Great player and so fun to watch. Made CF look easy. That 2006 team when they were healthy and hitting was by far the greatest offensive Mets team I ever saw. 86 and 99 were fun offenses but 2006 was just awesome to watch

Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:59 pm 
Legend of NYFS

ndfordarling wrote:
Great player and so fun to watch. Made CF look easy. That 2006 team when they were healthy and hitting was by far the greatest offensive Mets team I ever saw. 86 and 99 were fun offenses but 2006 was just awesome to watch

August/September 2015.

But yeah, love Carlos. He does get a bum rap from a good portion of the "fanbase" who won't let that one AB ever go. EVER. (Go look up his NLCS stats vs your Golden Boy David Wright's, and then tell me who was responsible for that loss).

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:07 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Ralf wrote:
Never forget!!!

Just kidding. :lol:

Was a great Met and is a great human being by all accounts. Best of luck to him in retirement.

You are the worst. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:09 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Ralf wrote:
Always thought the “fans didn’t appreciate him” thing was such BS. He stunk the first year and I’m sorry he was too fragile to take heat for that. The rest of the time the fans loved him.

2.9 WAR.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:39 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Ralf wrote:

Yes. It’s one of those great “I’m a better fan than you” arguments forever perpetuated by the #smartfan contingent who prefers hating on Mets fans themselves then ever dare criticize this storied franchise.

Also seeing everyone rush to yell how loud they can that he’s a “first ballot hall of famer.” Sure- I agree he belongs but look at his peers- he’s basically tied with Andrew Jones in career fWAR (but with 2500 more PA) and less than Larry Walker (in 3000 more PA). There’s at least room for debate and maybe some reconsideration for those guys who don’t have much support.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:43 pm 
Legend of NYFS

northway wrote:
Ralf wrote:

2.9 WAR.

I see 2.3, and think that’s a cop out relative to Expectations. Where did he rank pay wise in the league in 2005?

Mike Hampton had 2 fWAR his first year in Colorado too- I’d be comfortable labeling him a disaster there regardless.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:43 pm 
Legend of NYFS

tejdog1 wrote:
ndfordarling wrote:

August/September 2015.

But yeah, love Carlos. He does get a bum rap from a good portion of the "fanbase" who won't let that one AB ever go. EVER. (Go look up his NLCS stats vs your Golden Boy David Wright's, and then tell me who was responsible for that loss).

Hating on Golden boy is utterly moronic as well

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:44 pm 
Legend of NYFS

northway wrote:
Ralf wrote:

2.9 WAR.

It was all dWAR which is blegh.

He was disappointing that first year. But still a great Met overall. And I don't think he was fragile by any means

Rich Coutinho wrote:

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:46 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MetGirl5 wrote:
tejdog1 wrote:
ndfordarling wrote:

August/September 2015.

Hating on Golden boy is utterly moronic as well

This is a classic post. “Fanbase” in quotes who criticize Beltran and then right after criticizes David Wright. Lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next