MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Thank you Carlos
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:33 pm 
All Star

SergioTheLittleMan wrote:
But maybe he's a bigger man than Sergio, The Little Man.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:44 pm 
Legend of NYFS

tejdog1 wrote:
I said, and I'll quote it right here:
Quote:
(Go look up his NLCS stats vs your Golden Boy David Wright's, and then tell me who was responsible for that loss).

Meaning, between the two, who was more responsible?

Your take is your take, but you don't find it ironic in the least that your response in which you criticize those who judge Beltran not on the totality of his body of work, but rather a singular moment of supposed "greater importance" - by derisively mocking David Wright's standing in fan's hearts, ignore the body of work and instead criticize - comparatively or not - on a smaller, focused "moment"?

I criticize players all the time. Just be consistent - if the take is fans are idiots for judging Beltran based off 1 failure among a career of successes, don't then attack David Wright for a bad 27 ABs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:42 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
tejdog1 wrote:
I said, and I'll quote it right here:
Quote:
(Go look up his NLCS stats vs your Golden Boy David Wright's, and then tell me who was responsible for that loss).

Meaning, between the two, who was more responsible?

Your take is your take, but you don't find it ironic in the least that your response in which you criticize those who judge Beltran not on the totality of his body of work, but rather a singular moment of supposed "greater importance" - by derisively mocking David Wright's standing in fan's hearts, ignore the body of work and instead criticize - comparatively or not - on a smaller, focused "moment"?

I criticize players all the time. Just be consistent - if the take is fans are idiots for judging Beltran based off 1 failure among a career of successes, don't then attack David Wright for a bad 27 ABs.

Fans are stupid for judging/blaming Beltran for 1 AB
Fans are stupid for judging/blaming Wright for 27 ABs

However, my point is, that if you MUST assign "blame" to someone for that NLCS, who most deserves it, Wright and his .600 OPS, or Beltran and his 1.060 OPS?

And unfairly, Beltran gets infinitely more flak for that NLCS than Wright does. I don't blame either of them, not individually. I really really don't want to litigate the 2006 NLCS again, 11+ years later, but my take's always been the offense as a whole failed because they had four - FOUR cracks against Suppan/Weaver who were both awful that whole season (to my knowledge, I haven't looked up their stats in years and years). Some of it goes to John Maine for failing utterly in Game 2 (but then he redeemed himself in Game 6). Willie screwed up quite a bit as well, Mota was a pile of trash.

But it just... rankles me, it irks me so much that people lay the 06 NLCS at Beltran's feet.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:55 pm 
NYFS Staff

Teams win. Teams lose.

It rarely is because of the last at bat. There were 26 before it.