MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 235  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:07 pm 
Online
Fan Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 am
Posts: 1925
Ralf wrote:
Anyone know what the Rays have been reportedly asking for Odorizzi?


Odorizzi and Archer have been on the block the last few years but never seem to go anywhere. So I assume the asking price has been very high.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7639
HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:
Anyone know what the Rays have been reportedly asking for Odorizzi?

Don't know, but he was awful last year. I suspect he'll end up in Chicago, Minny, or Milwaukee if he goes anywhere.


I don't really watch a lot of AL baseball but his numbers don't look so bad.

The reports seem to indicate they're looking to move his salary. Wheeler and Dunn?

_________________
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.
Fire Sandy and his whole team!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 22015
Location: NYC
Ralf wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:
Anyone know what the Rays have been reportedly asking for Odorizzi?

Don't know, but he was awful last year. I suspect he'll end up in Chicago, Minny, or Milwaukee if he goes anywhere.


I don't really watch a lot of AL baseball but his numbers don't look so bad.

The reports seem to indicate they're looking to move his salary. Wheeler and Dunn?

Which numbers don't look so bad... 5.43 FIP (5.10 xFIP), 30% GB rate, 36% hard hit rate, 30 HRs, K/BB barely above 2..?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7639
James Shields has one year left on his deal. I bet CWS would give him away.

Cheech for Shields (and $13m).

I admit this is crazy and he's been terrible but I've always been intrigued by him as a fan.

_________________
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.
Fire Sandy and his whole team!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7639
HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Don't know, but he was awful last year. I suspect he'll end up in Chicago, Minny, or Milwaukee if he goes anywhere.


I don't really watch a lot of AL baseball but his numbers don't look so bad.

The reports seem to indicate they're looking to move his salary. Wheeler and Dunn?

Which numbers don't look so bad... 5.43 FIP (5.10 xFIP), 30% GB rate, 36% hard hit rate, 30 HRs, K/BB barely above 2..?


Wasn't he pitching through an injury midseason? Could that related to his bad numbers? I honestly didn't watch.

_________________
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.
Fire Sandy and his whole team!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:06 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Prospect

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:22 am
Posts: 272
Location: Corona, NY
PHOENIX (AP) Right-hander Zack Wheeler beat the Mets in salary arbitration and will get a raise from $800,000 to $1.9 million instead of New York’s $1.5 million offer.

Arbitrators John Skonier, Andrew Strongin and Phillip LaPorte made the decision Thursday, a day after hearing arguments.

A 27-year-old right-hander, Wheeler had Tommy John surgery on March 25, 2016, made one minor league appearance that August and returned to the Mets last spring. He went 3-7 with a 5.21 ERA in 17 starts.

Wheeler was sidelined by biceps tendinitis in June, went 0-2 in four starts when he returned while allowing 24 hits and 11 walks in 20 innings, then went on the DL for the rest of the season with what the team said was a stress reaction in his right arm.

_________________
To err is human. To forgive is a Mets fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:14 pm 
Online
Fan Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 am
Posts: 1925
Asbury Mark wrote:
PHOENIX (AP) Right-hander Zack Wheeler beat the Mets in salary arbitration and will get a raise from $800,000 to $1.9 million instead of New York’s $1.5 million offer.

Arbitrators John Skonier, Andrew Strongin and Phillip LaPorte made the decision Thursday, a day after hearing arguments.

A 27-year-old right-hander, Wheeler had Tommy John surgery on March 25, 2016, made one minor league appearance that August and returned to the Mets last spring. He went 3-7 with a 5.21 ERA in 17 starts.

Wheeler was sidelined by biceps tendinitis in June, went 0-2 in four starts when he returned while allowing 24 hits and 11 walks in 20 innings, then went on the DL for the rest of the season with what the team said was a stress reaction in his right arm.


I don't understand how guys who have bad seasons or who are injured for the whole season keep getting raises by these arbitrators. If the union ever decides to bring legal action against the owners for collusion because of what's going on this off season with free agents. I would hope the owners would try to get a judge to preside of the evidence instead of an arbitrator.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:36 pm 
Online
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 5914
piazzafan wrote:
Asbury Mark wrote:
PHOENIX (AP) Right-hander Zack Wheeler beat the Mets in salary arbitration and will get a raise from $800,000 to $1.9 million instead of New York’s $1.5 million offer.

Arbitrators John Skonier, Andrew Strongin and Phillip LaPorte made the decision Thursday, a day after hearing arguments.

A 27-year-old right-hander, Wheeler had Tommy John surgery on March 25, 2016, made one minor league appearance that August and returned to the Mets last spring. He went 3-7 with a 5.21 ERA in 17 starts.

Wheeler was sidelined by biceps tendinitis in June, went 0-2 in four starts when he returned while allowing 24 hits and 11 walks in 20 innings, then went on the DL for the rest of the season with what the team said was a stress reaction in his right arm.


I don't understand how guys who have bad seasons or who are injured for the whole season keep getting raises by these arbitrators. If the union ever decides to bring legal action against the owners for collusion because of what's going on this off season with free agents. I would hope the owners would try to get a judge to preside of the evidence instead of an arbitrator.


I agree with you. It's bad enough Wheeler has been racking up service time on the shelf, now he's getting ridiculous raises.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:57 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 12159
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
I don't think Wheeler should have won either based on 2017, but an arb 2 player who made 17 starts with a 0.3 war going from 0.8 to 1.9 is hardly "ridiculous raises" Travis d'Arnaud, after putting up a .629 OPS, being injured and missing nearly half the season, and a -0.8 OPS got 1.9 is arb 1 (granted that was partly based on his 2014/15). Wheeler's missed more time but he's got a 2.1 to d'Arnaud's 2.0 career war and he's made less than 1/2 the arb salary (they entered arb the same year).

_________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:21 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 22015
Location: NYC
LTKfRGM wrote:
I don't think Wheeler should have won either based on 2017, but an arb 2 player who made 17 starts with a 0.3 war going from 0.8 to 1.9 is hardly "ridiculous raises" Travis d'Arnaud, after putting up a .629 OPS, being injured and missing nearly half the season, and a -0.8 OPS got 1.9 is arb 1 (granted that was partly based on his 2014/15). Wheeler's missed more time but he's got a 2.1 to d'Arnaud's 2.0 career war and he's made less than 1/2 the arb salary (they entered arb the same year).

Yeah, it seems ridiculous when the Arbitrators decided that the raise proposed by the Mets wasn't enough. It's not like the team offered no raise or only a minimal one. I believe he was at $800K and they offered to nearly double his salary to $1.5M.

But it all goes according to what they figure is the prevailing wage for a player at his service time. In his case it seems too much bc he hasn't pitched a lot (370 IP covering a span of 5 seasons). That's where the disconnect seems to be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:40 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 12159
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
HeyNowHK wrote:
Yeah, it seems ridiculous when the Arbitrators decided that the raise proposed by the Mets wasn't enough. It's not like the team offered no raise or only a minimal one. I believe he was at $800K and they offered to nearly double his salary to $1.5M.

But it all goes according to what they figure is the prevailing wage for a player at his service time. In his case it seems too much bc he hasn't pitched a lot (370 IP covering a span of 5 seasons). That's where the disconnect seems to be.


66 starts over 5 years, 13 starts a year. Arb 2. League average pitcher 2013-2014 (49 starts), well below average but almost borderline #5 starter, 17 starts, 2017.

Here's a fun twist. If he'd been injured 2013-2014 and pitched 2015-2016, he'd have gotten possibly 3 million in arb 1 last year, when you move his 2014 to 2016, Then a small raise on top of that for this year. The injury late vs the injury early was why he got 0.8 last year. Same thing happens when a player is good at the right time (Addison Reed had 40 saves as a closer prior to his Arb 1 and he got 4.8, which he followed up by struggling with the diamondbacks and they were happy to trade him for peanuts. I look at Addison Reeds numbers and I think he got overpaid for his Arb 1.

I think team Wheeler was able to sell that argument that his numbers in 2013-14 were good enough for 1.9.

_________________
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:08 pm 
Online
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 5914
Josh Donaldson basically calling out Jon Heyman for BS about what his friends are saying he's looking for is fantastic. Donaldson told Heyman he doesn't know his friends. :lol:

Amazing how these guys continue to masquerade as inside sources and still have followings. Sports journalism is dead. The young guys are lazy and have nothing and the old guys have gotten lazy apparently by learning from the young guys.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 235  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acerimusdux, Daaaarryyl, dragonfly, Google [Bot], jdawginsc, jdrnym, luciferase, MarkJohnson>You, Metsfan980, piazzafan, Redscot, stevereiff and 105 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists