MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 268  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:54 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 82881
Location: New York, NY
The mere fact they are interested in Santana suggests to me they may be more sour on Smith than simply "not ready for 2018". Then again, only the Mets would sour on a guy, decide to potentially move on and then crap on him to the media thus potentially hurting any potential trade value.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 61375
Metro2007 wrote:
The mere fact they are interested in Santana suggests to me they may be more sour on Smith than simply "not ready for 2018". Then again, only the Mets would sour on a guy, decide to potentially move on and then crap on him to the media thus potentially hurting any potential trade value.


I'm confident that even with the public shaming, we can still either get the O's to cut us a $25,000 check, or some other team to part with a "relief prospect".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm 
User avatar
Online
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 24670
Location: charleston, sc
If they have soured on Smith, then that's an indictment on them. If they wish to go with Logan Morrison or Santana for three years, then they may as well package Smith to get a quality third baseman or centerfielder.

But that is not the plan. They'll sign Duda or the like.

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:15 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:03 pm
Posts: 811
Sign Santana, use Smith and others in a Yelich trade.

_________________
I rag on the Mets because they can do better.
Rebuild the team around bats, find the pitching later
J.J. Picollo for the next Mets GM
Bring back the black jerseys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:15 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:16 pm
Posts: 783
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
If Lagares starts in CF, I give this OD lineup a realistic chance of happening:

Jose Reyes, 2B
Brandon Nimmo, RF
Yoenis Cespedes, LF
Logan Morrison, 1B
Asdrubal Cabrera, 3B
Travis d'Arnaud, C
Amed Rosario, SS
Juan Lagares, CF



Thats a disaster.


This is really sad... And I am not confident in them fielding a better OD roster at this point. If this is the OD roster, they'll be lucky to win 80 games, even with good health.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:16 pm
Posts: 783
MetsWhiz93 wrote:
Sign Santana, use Smith and others in a Yelich trade.



I'd be good with this. The only way signing Santana makes sense is if Smith is flipped for a CF or 3B.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:23 pm 
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:33 pm
Posts: 464
-Chris Tillman is looking for a one year deal. Won't be 30 until mid april. Think he's a nice swingman/bottom of the roto idea.
-Our old friend Hank White is the Nats new bullpen coach.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:29 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 13122
Laxin wrote:
MetsWhiz93 wrote:
Sign Santana, use Smith and others in a Yelich trade.



I'd be good with this. The only way signing Santana makes sense is if Smith is flipped for a CF or 3B.


Mets don't have a shot at Yelich unless the others include Rosario. And even then, not sure the Marlins would do it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:42 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 61375
Mets "monitoring the trade market for 2B" is this offseason's edition of "Mets looking at trade market hahahahahhahahahahaha fooled you again!!!", I think.

Anytime a plan in November involves the Mets dipping into the trade market, expect that to end in February with "We really like the options we have, including Jose who's going to come in a compete for playing time."

My honest guess at what happens:

Mets resign Reyes, Mets sign Walker ostensibly for either 1B or 2B and its really Reyes vs. Dom in March for a job (Walker plays whichever other position), Mets sign a LHH OFer who splits time with Nimmo and Lagares in a 3 way timeshare until Conforto returns (Jon Jay?). Walker is the "middle order bat" referenced.

Mets do indeed ink 3 relievers to major league deals - 2 guys are lower money, 1 year or 1 year+option types on bounceback candidates (e.g. Gregerson, Boone LOgan, Siegrist, etc.) and then a bigger name/money guy like Bryan Shaw or Brandon Morrow.

Then 1 or 2 veteran SP/long man types to non-guaranteed deals.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 13122
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Mets "monitoring the trade market for 2B" is this offseason's edition of "Mets looking at trade market hahahahahhahahahahaha fooled you again!!!", I think.

Anytime a plan in November involves the Mets dipping into the trade market, expect that to end in February with "We really like the options we have, including Jose who's going to come in a compete for playing time."

My honest guess at what happens:

Mets resign Reyes, Mets sign Walker ostensibly for either 1B or 2B and its really Reyes vs. Dom in March for a job (Walker plays whichever other position), Mets sign a LHH OFer who splits time with Nimmo and Lagares in a 3 way timeshare until Conforto returns (Jon Jay?). Walker is the "middle order bat" referenced.

Mets do indeed ink 3 relievers to major league deals - 2 guys are lower money, 1 year or 1 year+option types on bounceback candidates (e.g. Gregerson, Boone LOgan, Siegrist, etc.) and then a bigger name/money guy like Bryan Shaw or Brandon Morrow.

Then 1 or 2 veteran SP/long man types to non-guaranteed deals.


I actually don't mind your BP ideas at all


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:52 pm 
User avatar
Online
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 24670
Location: charleston, sc
I just read the quotes from Sandy, and I don't get the sense they've soured on him. I see they are trying to motivate him.

I thought they were less unkind than portrayed. He absolutely needs to earn the job. Honestly, I think Rosario does too.

But losing the job to mediocre veterans who have a proven "track record" makes less sense.

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 3462
Location: Fairview Township, PA
Metro2007 wrote:
The mere fact they are interested in Santana suggests to me they may be more sour on Smith than simply "not ready for 2018". Then again, only the Mets would sour on a guy, decide to potentially move on and then crap on him to the media thus potentially hurting any potential trade value.


I think Cerrone speculated this could me more about his agent getting the best contract he can from the Indians than the Mets having a legit shot/interest. He may actually be right this time.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 268  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bygranddesign, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jdawginsc, MaxV, Munky00, sluger11787, slugox, zaknim and 141 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media