MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 268  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Mets Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:20 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Mets "monitoring the trade market for 2B" is this offseason's edition of "Mets looking at trade market hahahahahhahahahahaha fooled you again!!!", I think.

Anytime a plan in November involves the Mets dipping into the trade market, expect that to end in February with "We really like the options we have, including Jose who's going to come in a compete for playing time."

My honest guess at what happens:

Mets resign Reyes, Mets sign Walker ostensibly for either 1B or 2B and its really Reyes vs. Dom in March for a job (Walker plays whichever other position), Mets sign a LHH OFer who splits time with Nimmo and Lagares in a 3 way timeshare until Conforto returns (Jon Jay?). Walker is the "middle order bat" referenced.

Mets do indeed ink 3 relievers to major league deals - 2 guys are lower money, 1 year or 1 year+option types on bounceback candidates (e.g. Gregerson, Boone LOgan, Siegrist, etc.) and then a bigger name/money guy like Bryan Shaw or Brandon Morrow.

Then 1 or 2 veteran SP/long man types to non-guaranteed deals.

I still don't buy they're going to allocate that much $ to the pen. If they sign one or more RPs, then they will move AJR. They just aren't going to have five $7M+ RPers in the pen.

I still think they have to find a RP by trade who has control years left (Shane Greene?). In fact I'm still going with a Kinsler/Greene combo deal.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:51 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
Marc Carig ✔ @MarcCarig
Preference is for Cabrera to play 3B. Mets see him as better there defensively. But if they end up finding a better match at 3B, then Cabrera moves to 2B.

This is the way I've been looking at it... pretty much if they can sign Cozart and convince him to play 3B, then ACab moves over to 2B. Heck, I wouldn't be against moving Cabby to 1B. But I hope they deal with him on all this shifting over the winter so there won't be any surprises during the season.

But seriously, I think he could be part of the 1B rotation in '18.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:58 pm 
Legend of NYFS

yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
The mere fact they are interested in Santana suggests to me they may be more sour on Smith than simply "not ready for 2018". Then again, only the Mets would sour on a guy, decide to potentially move on and then crap on him to the media thus potentially hurting any potential trade value.

I think Cerrone speculated this could me more about his agent getting the best contract he can from the Indians than the Mets having a legit shot/interest. He may actually be right this time.

Cerrone is a hack. He actually said in the article he commented on that Santana had won a gold glove.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:02 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I know a lot of things are just spitballing at this point, but the next proposal I read that doesn't make me throw up in my mouth will also be the first.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm 
All Star

R Nitelight wrote:
I know a lot of things are just spitballing at this point, but the next proposal I read that doesn't make me throw up in my mouth will also be the first.

8)

The Mets are interested in Lorenzo Cain.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:10 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metsfan980 wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:

8)

The streak continues.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metsfan980 wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:

8)

Yeah on a 1 yr deal..?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:29 pm 
All Star

R Nitelight wrote:
Metsfan980 wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:

8)

The streak continues.

8)

:)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:35 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
Mets gunning for the worst infield in the league.

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:46 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MetGirl5 wrote:
Mets gunning for the worst infield in the league.

And the worst pitching 3-5 but don't worry. The bullpen will save them. A deep bullpen was the only difference between the 62 mets and the 2006 mets.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:26 pm 
General Manager

So I guess they’ve finally ruled out David Wright making a comeback? lol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:40 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Marc Carig ✔ @MarcCarig
Sources tell @DPLennon and I that the Mets are weighing a pursuit of Japanese star Shohei Otani.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 268  Next