MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 161  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:32 am 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 6616
HeyNowHK wrote:
@DanClarkSports
Talks between the #Orioles and #RedSox on a potential Manny Machado trade are heating up. The Orioles are seeking multiple top prospects - INF Chavis and LHP Groome are two names which have been mentioned. #HotStove #MLB


So the Orioles are pathologically against trading him to the Yankees (to the point where they want other teams to promise they won't flip him over there) but don't mind trading him to the Red Sox? Talk about making it personal. Trading him to the Red Sox is just as bad if not worse than trading him to the Yankees if you're an Orioles fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:59 am 
Offline
Fan Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 am
Posts: 1837
AllWrightNow wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
@DanClarkSports
Talks between the #Orioles and #RedSox on a potential Manny Machado trade are heating up. The Orioles are seeking multiple top prospects - INF Chavis and LHP Groome are two names which have been mentioned. #HotStove #MLB


So the Orioles are pathologically against trading him to the Yankees (to the point where they want other teams to promise they won't flip him over there) but don't mind trading him to the Red Sox? Talk about making it personal. Trading him to the Red Sox is just as bad if not worse than trading him to the Yankees if you're an Orioles fan.


Not really. I think the perception around baseball is that the Red Sox do what they have to do in order to combat the Yanks. The perception on the Yanks is that they will do anything to win and have no problem cutting the throats of smaller market teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21736
Location: NYC
piazzafan wrote:
AllWrightNow wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
@DanClarkSports
Talks between the #Orioles and #RedSox on a potential Manny Machado trade are heating up. The Orioles are seeking multiple top prospects - INF Chavis and LHP Groome are two names which have been mentioned. #HotStove #MLB


So the Orioles are pathologically against trading him to the Yankees (to the point where they want other teams to promise they won't flip him over there) but don't mind trading him to the Red Sox? Talk about making it personal. Trading him to the Red Sox is just as bad if not worse than trading him to the Yankees if you're an Orioles fan.


Not really. I think the perception around baseball is that the Red Sox do what they have to do in order to combat the Yanks. The perception on the Yanks is that they will do anything to win and have no problem cutting the throats of smaller market teams.

Wait, the Red Sox have 'compassion' for smaller market clubs? Is that the rationale? Come on.

I think the RS 'do what they do' in order to win. I don't really think they worry too much about what the Yankees do.

And as to the first point, the Yankees aren't holding a gun to the temple of smaller teams. The Marlins (actually Derek freakin Jeter) chose to deal with the Yankees. The Yankees were merely a willing partner. Can't fault them for their willingness to pay retail prices.

As to the original point. yeah, it's pretty ridiculous that the O's would deal to the Red Sox but not the Yankees. They should be able to find a deal outside their own division.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11997
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
Maybe the O's are just rebuilding. Rebuilding isn't crazy. (sorry, didn't read the above post carefully enough), though I kind of respect refusing to trade with the Yanks. The mets have that going on as well.)

_________________
Why is Santa always so jolly?
Because he knows where all the naughty girls live.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7557
I can't for the life of me understand why the FO isn't engaging Miami about Yelich and Prado. They are perfect fits here. You could do that trade and sign a reliever and call it an offseason basically. Empty the farm. Sell low on 'Pucki. Just get it done.

So frustrating. :x

_________________
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.
Fire Sandy and his whole team!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:45 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21736
Location: NYC
Ralf wrote:
I can't for the life of me understand why the FO isn't engaging Miami about Yelich and Prado. They are perfect fits here. You could do that trade and sign a reliever and call it an offseason basically. Empty the farm. Sell low on 'Pucki. Just get it done.

So frustrating. :x

a) bc the Marlins aren't going to package the two and lower the return for Yelich.
b) it would add over $20M to the '18 payroll.
c) other teams have far more to offer for Yelich.

The cost for Yelich is going to far outweigh the cost for Machado. That's the one people should be talking about IMO.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7557
HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:
I can't for the life of me understand why the FO isn't engaging Miami about Yelich and Prado. They are perfect fits here. You could do that trade and sign a reliever and call it an offseason basically. Empty the farm. Sell low on 'Pucki. Just get it done.

So frustrating. :x

a) bc the Marlins aren't going to package the two and lower the return for Yelich.
b) it would add over $20M to the '18 payroll.
c) other teams have far more to offer for Yelich.

The cost for Yelich is going to far outweigh the cost for Machado. That's the one people should be talking about IMO.


a) there have been reports they ARE looking to package Prado with Yelich
b) and?
c) nah, thats just a narrative the Mets are feeding fans to lower expectations as usual

_________________
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.
Fire Sandy and his whole team!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 38452
Location: Panic City
1 year of Machado would be blatant scam to shut up grumbling fans for a year without any short-term or long-term gain.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:45 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11997
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
R Nitelight wrote:
1 year of Machado would be blatant scam to shut up grumbling fans for a year without any short-term or long-term gain.


8)


and it would break our farm system. It's not a Sandy move.

_________________
Why is Santa always so jolly?
Because he knows where all the naughty girls live.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:52 pm 
Offline
Fan Favorite

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:14 am
Posts: 1837
LTKfRGM wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:
1 year of Machado would be blatant scam to shut up grumbling fans for a year without any short-term or long-term gain.


8)


and it would break our farm system. It's not a Sandy move.


It makes no sense to trade for Machado, that's why I think it's a possibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:52 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21736
Location: NYC
LTKfRGM wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:
1 year of Machado would be blatant scam to shut up grumbling fans for a year without any short-term or long-term gain.


8)


and it would break our farm system. It's not a Sandy move.


The fallacy in this is that there is a farm system to break up. The idea that there anyone in the farm system the team would dramatically miss is something the FO counts on people buying into in order to justify their inactivity. Aside from Peterson, there isn't anyone I'd care about losing TBH. The 6th pick in the next draft will more than make up for any losses, plus they'll net a sandwich pick from the 2019 draft.

On top of which, if they lay an egg for whatever reason, they can always re-deal Machado in July and recoup prospects then.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 2017-2018 Offseason News Thread
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:56 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21736
Location: NYC
Ralf wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Ralf wrote:
I can't for the life of me understand why the FO isn't engaging Miami about Yelich and Prado. They are perfect fits here. You could do that trade and sign a reliever and call it an offseason basically. Empty the farm. Sell low on 'Pucki. Just get it done.

So frustrating. :x

a) bc the Marlins aren't going to package the two and lower the return for Yelich.
b) it would add over $20M to the '18 payroll.
c) other teams have far more to offer for Yelich.

The cost for Yelich is going to far outweigh the cost for Machado. That's the one people should be talking about IMO.


a) there have been reports they ARE looking to package Prado with Yelich
b) and?
c) nah, thats just a narrative the Mets are feeding fans to lower expectations as usual


Other teams don't have better prospect stocks from which to offer?? Dude, that isn't just "a narrative."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1922 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 ... 161  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Asbury Mark, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], HeyNowHK, Hilltop, hotlyds87, johnnypark, Metro2007, Mogriffjr, northway, SergioTheLittleMan, slugox and 128 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists