MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Setting Us Up For Disappointment?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 pm 
MVP

They cannot disappoint those who have absolutely NO expectations. "Lowering payroll" are the only two words I hear and those two words will mean a less than stellar team on the field no matter how they want to dress it up....

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:15 pm 
NYFS Staff

R Nitelight wrote:
Otani is a special case.

But I think the disappointment would be spending money in this market.

I'm sorry our young players struggled like young players their first time through the league. But the only way we are ever going to have stars is if we grow them, and the only way we are going to grow them is by running them out there and letting them play.

8)

I think the problem is we have been spoiled by the immediate success of Thor, deGrom, Harvey, etc...

I for one, want to see what Smith and Rosario can do starting a year not looking over their shoulder.

We never got to Cecchini, but Nimmo when given PT proved to be productive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:23 pm 
Legend of NYFS

From Metsblog:

Quote:
Teams that have talked with the Mets say they would like to have a more balanced, versatile, deeper bullpen to keep their starting pitchers from facing opposing batting orders three times in a game.

"I don't think they trust all five of their [young starting pitchers] to be efficient and economical with their pitches to go deep in games," a rival team's assistant GM told me Monday.

Oh, thats from November 16, 2016.