MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

?
Poll ended at Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:42 pm
Colin Holderman (RHP) 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Jeff McNeil (UTIL) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Jamie Callahan (RHP) 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Nabil Crismatt (RHP) 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
Adrian Hernandez (OF) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Adonis Uceta (RHP) 45%  45%  [ 9 ]
Stephen Nogosek (RHP) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
PJ Conlon (LHP) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Christian James (RHP) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Jayce Boyd (1B) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 20
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Who is #25?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:35 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81106
Location: New York, NY
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Is Sanchez even top 50 ?



Jeff P BEFORE his awful season called his upside a backup catcher and even downplayed his defense. This ongoing narrative he's some awesome defensive backup C isn't based in reality.


Guys who have good CS #'s are great defensive catchers.

Guys who don't have good CS #'s are still great defensive catchers because CS #'s aren't the only thing that matters.

C'mon Metro, get with it.



:lol: :lol:

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #25?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:50 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11997
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
HeyNowHK wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
BA in their top 10 mets prospects ranked Sanchez' glove ahead of Nido's.


That's really not going to do anything for him if he can't hit.
And btw at this point, Nido's ability to hit is looking questionable as well.


OK, first. I'm not a big Sanchez guy like I used to be. I read Jeff P's write-up too, but that's just one guy and it's worth asking how many games Jeff saw him. I'm pretty sure Jeff doesn't go to every game, he goes intermittently. He writes about seeing guys at games just once sometimes.

Second, he's 20 years old. He's the same age as Desmond Lindsay (5 days younger actually). The only regulars on the team younger than him were Gimenez and Carpio.

Third, he's still got the good contact rate going for him. 26 Ks in 200 PAs is good. Contact rate is the toughest skill to learn for a hitter.

4th - while not a hitting point, 48% caught stealing is pretty good. Add to that BA said he was the top defensive catcher in the system. Jeff P might disagree, but that's still two positives.

That, and his plus rankings in the past suggest it's way way WAY too soon to bump him from the top 50 and forget him.

_________________
Why is Santa always so jolly?
Because he knows where all the naughty girls live.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #25?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:21 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21736
Location: NYC
LTKfRGM wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
BA in their top 10 mets prospects ranked Sanchez' glove ahead of Nido's.


That's really not going to do anything for him if he can't hit.
And btw at this point, Nido's ability to hit is looking questionable as well.


OK, first. I'm not a big Sanchez guy like I used to be. I read Jeff P's write-up too, but that's just one guy and it's worth asking how many games Jeff saw him. I'm pretty sure Jeff doesn't go to every game, he goes intermittently. He writes about seeing guys at games just once sometimes.

Second, he's 20 years old. He's the same age as Desmond Lindsay (5 days younger actually). The only regulars on the team younger than him were Gimenez and Carpio.

Third, he's still got the good contact rate going for him. 26 Ks in 200 PAs is good. Contact rate is the toughest skill to learn for a hitter.

4th - while not a hitting point, 48% caught stealing is pretty good. Add to that BA said he was the top defensive catcher in the system. Jeff P might disagree, but that's still two positives.

That, and his plus rankings in the past suggest it's way way WAY too soon to bump him from the top 50 and forget him.

He's a catcher in the system. That much we agree on. :D

I think there are 50 players ahead of him at this point.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #25?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:44 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:54 pm
Posts: 6563
Location: Vero Beach, FL
LTKfRGM wrote:
Third, he's still got the good contact rate going for him. 26 Ks in 200 PAs is good. Contact rate is the toughest skill to learn for a hitter.

4th - while not a hitting point, 48% caught stealing is pretty good. Add to that BA said he was the top defensive catcher in the system. Jeff P might disagree, but that's still two positives.


Those are decent points. If it wasn't for the strikeouts, you could argue Jose Garcia could be ahead of him. But Ali probably really is our next best catcher at this point. Unless Brosher?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #25?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:58 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11997
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
acerimusdux wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
Third, he's still got the good contact rate going for him. 26 Ks in 200 PAs is good. Contact rate is the toughest skill to learn for a hitter.

4th - while not a hitting point, 48% caught stealing is pretty good. Add to that BA said he was the top defensive catcher in the system. Jeff P might disagree, but that's still two positives.


Those are decent points. If it wasn't for the strikeouts, you could argue Jose Garcia could be ahead of him. But Ali probably really is our next best catcher at this point. Unless Brosher?


Brosher's got the power stroke, but I don't like his K rate.

I think the ranking is

1) Nido
2) Mazeika
3) Uriarte
4) Sanchez

With 2/3 kind of a toss-up but Mazeika gets the edge for being closer.

_________________
Why is Santa always so jolly?
Because he knows where all the naughty girls live.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #25?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
MVP

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:19 pm
Posts: 2614
Sanchez is still young but at some point he is going to have to hit a bit. Until then, he is marginal, at best. Brosher will likely never cut his K's and, IMHO, he is less than marginal; he is simply not a prospect and that is too bad because he IS a strong kid.

BTW: I missed the voting on this round but it would have been for Uceta.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #25?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:54 pm
Posts: 6563
Location: Vero Beach, FL
LTKfRGM wrote:
acerimusdux wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
Third, he's still got the good contact rate going for him. 26 Ks in 200 PAs is good. Contact rate is the toughest skill to learn for a hitter.

4th - while not a hitting point, 48% caught stealing is pretty good. Add to that BA said he was the top defensive catcher in the system. Jeff P might disagree, but that's still two positives.


Those are decent points. If it wasn't for the strikeouts, you could argue Jose Garcia could be ahead of him. But Ali probably really is our next best catcher at this point. Unless Brosher?


Brosher's got the power stroke, but I don't like his K rate.

I think the ranking is

1) Nido
2) Mazeika
3) Uriarte
4) Sanchez

With 2/3 kind of a toss-up but Mazeika gets the edge for being closer.


Brosher's k-rate is awful, but there's enough power there that he could have a chance to overcome that. My main question there is, does anyone think he sticks at CA? If I'm convinced he's really a catcher, I'd maybe rank him over Sanchez. But I think he's probably a 1B, and he's going to have to improve a lot more to have a chance for the bat to play there.

And I would have had Uriarte ahead of Mazeika, but that's been discussed enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Asbury Mark, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], HeyNowHK, Hilltop, hotlyds87, johnnypark, Metro2007, Mogriffjr, northway, SergioTheLittleMan, slugox, SNESandMets and 128 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists