MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jordany Valdespin tweets about moving on. #Respect
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:00 am 
Legend of NYFS

https://twitter.com/jordany023?ref_src= ... r%5Eauthor

Quote:
People make mistakes in their lives, I did, No hard feelings. Let’s move on!!

Quote:
If at any moment i spoke in a disrespectful tone in front of Terry Collins and Sandy Alderson, my apologies! #IamMature #Respect

I don't know how to post pretty tweet captures, but that's the gist. I say good for him. He's saying the right things.

He had a solid year in the Mexican league this year, drew walks and .400 OBP.

Post subject: Re: Jordany Valdespin tweets about moving on. #Respect
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:30 am 
All Star

I wonder what prompted this?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:39 am 
General Manager

Trying to get back into MLB?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:50 pm 
Rookie

What did he do? I remember he was said to be selfish and uncooperative but was there anything concrete?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:04 pm 
Legend of NYFS

egelband2 wrote:
What did he do? I remember he was said to be selfish and uncooperative but was there anything concrete?

Oh, not much, just this:

Quote:
Andy Martino @martinonyc
Sep 28

You could take a snapshot of the time Valdespin lathered up his asscheeks w soap and stick it in Terry's face and call that dysfunction....

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:09 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Also heavy speculation the "callup" referenced in this piece was Valdespin:

Quote:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/major-league-baseball-cocaine_us_597b505ae4b02a4ebb75150b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:20 pm 
All Star

But why is saying this now?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:35 pm 
Legend of NYFS

egelband2 wrote:

I wouldn't hold this against him but he declined to wear a cup against the team's advice, then he took a ball in the balls during a game. (I don't remember if he had to leave the game as a result), but the mets weren't pleased.

He (allegedly) called Sandy a word I can't type here but it begings with Cock and ends in ucker, for sending him back to the minors, but Sandy, wanting to ease things a bit in the press, said that maybe he was calling me a cockroach and that there was a language barrier. At that same time Jordany demanded to be put on the DL not sent to AAA so he could keep getting a paycheck (What I call pulling a Montero).

And he was a bio-genesis 50 game suspension guy. - never a good thing. This article writes "Permanent case of roid rage", but who knows if that's just artistic license or closer to truth.

http://www.newyorkmetsreport.com/2013/0 ... me-others/

That much, we I know.

What we don't know:

I read a post from a guy who knows more than most of us that there's things he did that the team didn't discuss and that he couldn't discuss on the internets. I'd prefer not to speculate, but some people here felt the label of immaturity was a bad move by the mets and the mets were being jerks and unfair. I personally felt it was probably accurate - but I'm not an insider, so that's just a feeling. what that means is that a real answer to your question probably won't be found here.

I read once that things had a tendency to disappear around him, but again, not everything you read on the internets is true and that doesn't say how often or what things - it was just a one sentence claim that I read.

He's also, reportedly, kind to his mom. Not long after making it up to MLB he sent money to his mom and told her to stop working, so, we shouldn't forget that a reputation for trouble doesn't mean he's a bad guy.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/46491630/ ... is-mother/

That said, maybe he's grown up. Tweeting #Iammature doesn't mean he's mature, but, I still felt he deserved some credit for posting it, even if it was to try to get back into MLB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:39 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metsfan980 wrote:
But why is saying this now?

It's free agent signing period. He wants back in MLB.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:56 pm 
Rookie

Still working out the cock ucker thing. Will circle back.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:04 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I've been holding on to this for too long. It's quite a load off my shoulders knowing I can let go.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:26 pm 
NYFS Staff

It might be self serving but also could just be humility coming to a person whose steer was derailed by stupidity...I take it at face value as a legitimate apology.