MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

?
Poll ended at Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 am
Blackham 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
Becerra 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 13
Author Message
 Post subject: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81466
Location: New York, NY
?

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:03 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81466
Location: New York, NY
Vote Blackham!

Jeff on Becerra
Jeffrey Paternostro‏ @jeffpaternostro wrote:
At this point I don’t think he’d even be Top 30.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 22977
Location: NYC
Not to derail the Blackham express, but he's about to turn 25, is listed at 5'10" and hasn't pitched above A ball. I'm not sure how he slipped ahead of some others here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:14 am 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 7780
Metro2007 wrote:
Vote Blackham!

Jeff on Becerra
Jeffrey Paternostro‏ @jeffpaternostro wrote:
At this point I don’t think he’d even be Top 30.


This is an October surprise for the Becerra camp! :lol:

_________________
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.
"Reyes is a virus" guy is right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:39 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81466
Location: New York, NY
HeyNowHK wrote:
Not to derail the Blackham express, but he's about to turn 25, is listed at 5'10" and hasn't pitched above A ball. I'm not sure how he slipped ahead of some others here.


1. Missed extensive time due to an arm injury earlier in his career.
2. Kanfer raved about him. Had him touching 97 with plus movement
3. Another writer liked him “as much” as any rp in our system other than Bashlor

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:50 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81466
Location: New York, NY
Blackham only threw 30.2 innings in 2015, got hurt and then missed all of 2016 so his age is a bit overstated given the fact he's a RP.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:53 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81466
Location: New York, NY
Matty Blacks also won SAL RP of the month in both August AND Sept.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:57 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81466
Location: New York, NY
Some more Mr. Blackham stats

Allowed 2 ER on June 27th, allowed 0 ER the rest of the season... a span of 20 appearances!!

From May 21st on he allowed 6 ER... a span of 29 appearances. He allowed 5 ER over a 3 game span 6/18-6/27, he allowed 4 ER over his other 36 appearances.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:11 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 22977
Location: NYC
Metro2007 wrote:
Blackham only threw 30.2 innings in 2015, got hurt and then missed all of 2016 so his age is a bit overstated given the fact he's a RP.

The age 'issue' is that his numbers and dominance have to be put in context. And that context is that he was 2 to 4 years older than most of the batters he was facing this season in the SALY.

I'm not saying he doesn't have talent or isn't a prospect, but that he's yet to face more advanced, mature hitters and that age/context often matters.

And btw, same thing goes for MattP who was dominating the SALY at 25 this year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81466
Location: New York, NY
HeyNowHK wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Blackham only threw 30.2 innings in 2015, got hurt and then missed all of 2016 so his age is a bit overstated given the fact he's a RP.

The age 'issue' is that his numbers and dominance have to be put in context. And that context is that he was 2 to 4 years older than most of the batters he was facing this season in the SALY.

I'm not saying he doesn't have talent or isn't a prospect, but that he's yet to face more advanced, mature hitters and that age/context often matters.

And btw, same thing goes for MattP who was dominating the SALY at 25 this year.



Another guy I mentioned people liked after seeing in the AFL whom you for some reason had issue with receiving praise lol. 30th best prospect in a "bad" system isn't exactly high praise. As for the age issue, his own team had an average age of 21.5 with 18 players making appearances who were 23 or older so lets not act like him being 24 was him feasting on HS kids. The average pitcher in Savannah was 22.6 with 12 pitchers 23 or older making appearances. The SAL is full of second and 3rd year draftees from college not a bunch of HS kids who haven't seen "Matt Blackham's".

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 22977
Location: NYC
Metro2007 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Blackham only threw 30.2 innings in 2015, got hurt and then missed all of 2016 so his age is a bit overstated given the fact he's a RP.

The age 'issue' is that his numbers and dominance have to be put in context. And that context is that he was 2 to 4 years older than most of the batters he was facing this season in the SALY.

I'm not saying he doesn't have talent or isn't a prospect, but that he's yet to face more advanced, mature hitters and that age/context often matters.

And btw, same thing goes for MattP who was dominating the SALY at 25 this year.



Another guy I mentioned people liked after seeing in the AFL whom you for some reason had issue with receiving praise lol. 30th best prospect in a "bad" system isn't exactly high praise. As for the age issue, his own team had an average age of 21.5 with 18 players making appearances who were 23 or older so lets not act like him being 24 was him feasting on HS kids. The average pitcher in Savannah was 22.6 with 12 pitchers 23 or older making appearances. The SAL is full of second and 3rd year draftees from college not a bunch of HS kids who haven't seen "Matt Blackham's".

Not sure why this perturbs you. Blackham is 2+ years above the average age in the SALY. MattP 3 yrs above. I'm just stating facts now.

If you don't think that matters at all, you're welcome to have that opinion.

I have no 'issue' with you liking whomever you like. It's kind of funny to have to say that. I am only adding the age/context bc I think it matters. There is no reason to take offense at that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #30 runoff Blackham vs. Becerra
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81466
Location: New York, NY
No, I just find it kind of odd how you strongly advocate a guy like Jayce Boyd (regardless of any facts ie they left him exposed at the milb level for the cost of 12,000...) but when I randomly note a scout liked Pobereyko after seeing him in the AFL you were extremely quick to downplay this. Jayce Boyd is 27 years old this month and can't play the OF, the Mets are leaving him available for 12,000! and yet because you like him you defend him (and that's your right) but you sure pick and choose when to care about age etc. And yeah, age matters far less for a RP. There are plenty of examples of guys who randomly pop up and have a few year run as a mid-late 20 (even 30's) out of the pen. Far less so with other positions.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Disco Ball, Google Adsense [Bot], slugox and 107 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists