MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:43 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 26342
Location: NYC
Why not try to keep all general happenings/news in one place...


How about kicking it off by guessing one trade that will occur at the WM...?

I will say Schwarber to the Rays for deLeon, Odorizzi and a 3rd lower level arm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 82881
Location: New York, NY
Not a trade but I'm going to predict that Ohtani surprises the masses and joins Mike Trout with LAA.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 82881
Location: New York, NY
Big fan of the job Eppler is doing, I'd love to see the Mets speak to the Yankees about Oppenheimer if/when Sandy retires.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:09 pm 
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:33 pm
Posts: 464
I think the Mets will have their second baseman this time next week and that it'll be Cesar Hernandez.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:17 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 26342
Location: NYC
SNESandMets wrote:
I think the Mets will have their second baseman this time next week and that it'll be Cesar Hernandez.

Still think it will be Kinsler and the Mets will extend him a year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 82881
Location: New York, NY
Not saying it doesn't happen but was told the Tigers initial ask was "very high" with names like Vientos/Peterson being asked about.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 82881
Location: New York, NY
Ohtani announcement rumored to be coming later this afternoon #TroutFishing?

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:27 pm 
User avatar
Online
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 24670
Location: charleston, sc
Metro2007 wrote:
Not saying it doesn't happen but was told the Tigers initial ask was "very high" with names like Vientos/Peterson being asked about.


Then they can keep him. He ain't that good.

I would offer Nogosek and Cecchini and call it a day...and they pick up a few million.

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 39533
Location: Panic City
jdawginsc wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Not saying it doesn't happen but was told the Tigers initial ask was "very high" with names like Vientos/Peterson being asked about.


Then they can keep him. He ain't that good.

I would offer Nogosek and Cecchini and call it a day...and they pick up a few million.


I'd just throw Cecchini out there and see what I had.

Your success or failure this year depends completely on the health of your starting pitching. If things go well it shouldn't be difficult or expensive to get the type of player we've been linked to in season.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:37 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 26342
Location: NYC
R Nitelight wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Not saying it doesn't happen but was told the Tigers initial ask was "very high" with names like Vientos/Peterson being asked about.


Then they can keep him. He ain't that good.

I would offer Nogosek and Cecchini and call it a day...and they pick up a few million.


I'd just throw Cecchini out there and see what I had.

Your success or failure this year depends completely on the health of your starting pitching. If things go well it shouldn't be difficult or expensive to get the type of player we've been linked to in season.


8)

That's the Alderson way. Just wing it at the start of the year and see where they are in July.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
All Star

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 2020
Moose to the Angels after they get Ohtani

_________________
“Why... must I always explain” Van Morrison


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 82881
Location: New York, NY
Metro2007 wrote:
Ohtani announcement rumored to be coming later this afternoon #TroutFishing?



Cough, cough... Mariners insider nails it again

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Asbury Mark, Disco Ball, Exabot [Bot], HeyNowHK, Majestic-12 [Bot], MarkJohnson>You, MrBreeze, slugox, Spacetraveler and 148 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media