MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:36 pm 
NYFS Staff

Okay, I was confused here.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:38 pm 
Legend of NYFS

AllWrightNow wrote:
Mogriffjr wrote:
Mets reportedly close to trading for Donaldson

Source? Can you guys at least post the Tweet? Again I see this nowhere on Twitter.

Mogriff's does say "eternal optimist" :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:39 pm 
All Star

Stanton won't waive his no-trade for the Giants or Cardinals.

It's being reported that he wants to go to the Dodgers or Yankees. This gives them some leverage over the Marlins, and might mean the Marlins will have to send more money than they wanted.

I hope this blows up on all of them and he's either a disgruntled Marlin for good or the Marlins pay him $10M a year to hit deep for balls 81 times a year in Petco.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:48 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

I really don’t understand Stanton. Its only three guaranteed years in SF. They’re a good organization that is always trying to win. If he doesn’t like it there he can opt out. Just stupid imo.

I honestly don't care about winning or losing.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 pm 
Rookie

Nice to be the Yanks and Dodgers. Wish I supported a big market team.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:07 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metsfan980 wrote:
Ralf wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:

Where are you getting this?

The question by the OP:

"How about kicking it off by guessing one trade that will occur at the WM...?"

The wording of that post doesn't come off as "my rumor is". It comes off as a statement of fact :/

Yes, it was a badly written post. He said "reportedly", not "I predict", but . . . moving on.

and I know he's got a no trade clause but "F" Stanton. Dude wants to join one of the two richest teams and only one of the two riches teams? Why? So he can opt out and get even more money? So the fans won't hate him as much for salary. So he sees playoffs 8-9 times? Yes he's got that right, but I've got the right to call him a spoiled brat who wants to join a superteam. The Giants are a well managed club with a good chance of wining and they made a fair offer. They're just not a playoff every year type of team like the Yanks are Dodgers.

Elitist jerk. Wining is sweeter when it's earned, not when it's bought and the Dodgers and Yankees are bad for baseball and this kind of trade demand is bad for baseball. And before somebody tells me "He's got that right", Well, I have the right to criticize him.

Sorry, but I wanted to get that off my chest. I feel better now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:10 am 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Spoke too soon. Stanton is going to the Yankees. Unreal.

I really think this may be it for me with this organization. They didn’t even try to make a play for him.

I honestly don't care about winning or losing.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:44 am 
General Manager

And now the Yankees are gonna get Stanton for pittance the way they did Chapman. While we're gonna sign Joaquin Benoit and be told to like it. Granted he wasn't waiving his no-trade for the Mets anyway but even if he was you know we wouldn't have made a play for him or done just enough to come up short.

Mike Puma
@NYPost_Mets
Yankees reporters will be up all night with the Stanton rumors. Mets reporters, we get our sleep.

Yep that's about right.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:01 am 
Legend of NYFS

Ralf wrote:
Spoke too soon. Stanton is going to the Yankees. Unreal.

I really think this may be it for me with this organization. They didn’t even try to make a play for him.

I get the mets not making an offer for Stanton. He's a brutal contract to take on and half the teams wouldn't want him with that contract.

But there's something wrong with MLB when it's just the Rich getting richer again. You blame the Mets, I blame the Yankees.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:36 am 
Legend of NYFS

I'm going to be livid if the Yankees dump Ellsbury's contract on the Marlins.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:09 am 
MVP

AllWrightNow wrote:
And now the Yankees are gonna get Stanton for pittance the way they did Chapman. While we're gonna sign Joaquin Benoit and be told to like it. Granted he wasn't waiving his no-trade for the Mets anyway but even if he was you know we wouldn't have made a play for him or done just enough to come up short.

Mike Puma
@NYPost_Mets
Yankees reporters will be up all night with the Stanton rumors. Mets reporters, we get our sleep.

Yep that's about right.

Yeah the real problem is that they are getting good players in trades for basically guys they have no intention of keeping.

This is why no trade clauses should banned in major league baseball. It's becoming the 90's all over again. How many times in the 90's did we see superstars only willing to move their no trade clauses to go to the Yankees or Red Sox? No matter how you slice it the Mets picked the wrong year to decline and now we are going to be second fiddle again when it comes to getting stars. We will basically for the next decade be eliminated from obtaining any talents that the Yankees want.

BTW, supposedly MLB will be investigating the Ohtahi negotiations. I wonder how they can look the other way on a Stanton to the Yanks deal? Stanton goes on for months how he will only go to a west coast team and then decides to go to the team where the Marlins owner has a very good relationship with the Yankee GM. If Ohtani's negotiations are fishy then what is Stanton to the Yanks sound like? He drags out the Cards and Giants negotiations and basically is able to get a deal done with the Yankees in 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:38 am 
Legend of NYFS

MLB created this mess by approving the Marlins sale to a group that they knew couldn't afford to operate the team. What a disaster.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next