MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 73  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winter Meetings (Attempt II)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:27 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Make sure you re-up those tickets Mets fans!

Mike Puma‏@NYPost_Mets
More on why Alderson didn't pursue Stanton: "I just didn't think given the contract, a variety of circumstances, it made any sense for us to fein any interest for purposes of public consumption."

I honestly don't care about winning or losing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:35 pm 

Edit

Nevermind. I watched the video. He was classic Sandy. It seems the beat guys definitely picked and pieced together items that they knew would get a rise out of the fans on Twitter.

Still, this organization sucks as it pertains to player movement but the comments were way more muted then presented.

I still think fans should boycott for several years. The short term pain would be pretty bad but it may move the needle on ownership. I fully understand it may not as well but at this point who cares. Its worth a shot.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:37 pm 
General Manager

Then they spend less because of attendance. There's no getting around it, as ong as these owners are here they'll keep adjusting so as not to spend too much.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:57 pm 

One other point on how ineffective the beat guys are.

Someone asked a very good question about how the Stanton move to the Bronx affects the Mets. Sandy gave a classic non answer and NOBODY asked a follow up. The next question was about David's health.

A good reporter would have pushed back and asked how they can say it doesn't change anything when Sandy himself has admitted its an entertainment business and the entertainment in the Bronx is going to be waaaaayyy more exciting.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:01 pm 
General Manager

And there it is, now I don't want to hear the justifications of 'well he wouldn't have waived his no-trade anyway!'...they were never going to ask in the first place, Sandy admitted it. THAT's the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:04 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Losing baseball and not trying will bring upon a natural boycott of the team

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:12 pm 
General Manager

Fans boycotting isn't going to do anything. Look round baseball - stadiums are nearly half empty for at least half of the games played in the league. I'm not into the business of baseball but the owners are making money elsewhere. TV deals? Who knows. Maybe someone can chime in.

If the fans stop going to to Citi, the Mets will just keep lowering payroll and still make profit.

It's the equivalent to thinking musicians rely on music sales for income. I don't think teams count on strong attendance numbers as much as they used to.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:36 pm 
NYFS Staff

Keep it winter meetingsy please.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:42 pm 
Rookie

Ralf wrote:
Edit

Nevermind. I watched the video. He was classic Sandy. It seems the beat guys definitely picked and pieced together items that they knew would get a rise out of the fans on Twitter.

Still, this organization sucks as it pertains to player movement but the comments were way more muted then presented.

I still think fans should boycott for several years. The short term p.ain would be pretty bad but it may move the needle on ownership. I fully understand it may not as well but at this point who cares. Its worth a shot.

I agree, the media briefing was not that bad at all. The beat guys trolled the fans on twitter. The Nimmo/Stanton joke was the first thing he said just to get the briefing started, it was harmless. Based on the briefing, I still think we end the week with a 2nd baseman, reliever and probably pop a guy in the Rule 5.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:05 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
Ralf wrote:
One other point on how ineffective the beat guys are.

Someone asked a very good question about how the Stanton move to the Bronx affects the Mets. Sandy gave a classic non answer and NOBODY asked a follow up. The next question was about David's health.

A good reporter would have pushed back and asked how they can say it doesn't change anything when Sandy himself has admitted its an entertainment business and the entertainment in the Bronx is going to be waaaaayyy more exciting.

I don't think that would be "good" reporting. Sandy would have given a generic answer to that too. And I'd rather the media focus on the actual Mets and potential Mets moves (even if Sandy doesn't say much) than be obsessing over the Yankees and theoretical "entertainment".

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:20 pm 
Legend of NYFS

DiComo doesn’t even try to pretend like he’s writing a new piece this year. This one is literally carbon copied from past Sunday night before the WM pieces , just with all the specifics pulled out:

https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/mets-ente ... -263198294

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:13 pm 

Ackert

The Mets have talked to at least two teams about trading right-hander Matt Harvey this offseason, two sources told the News.

"They are willing to move him," one source said, "and they said they wanted to try and flip him for a reliever. They seemed more willing to move him then (Robert) Gsellman or (Seth) Lugo."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 73  Next