MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Omar Minaya (Guess What's Inside)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:16 pm 
Veteran Presence

Curiouser and Curiouser. Definition of Insanity in effect.

This is a similar setup to what happened to Jim Duquette years ago. Has all the earmarks of a failing franchise once again.

Glad I haven't invested much of my time to this team in recent years. Waste of time.

The Far Side

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:17 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
Yikes. Carig claims the "entire FO" is upset about this move

Good.

You've been in a coma all winter. I'm glad something woke you up.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:18 pm 
Manager

Metro2007 wrote:
People are upset about this? Omar knows talent and oddly convinced the Wilpons to actually allow pursuit of bigger name/expensive players. Happy he's back.

I need to know what his ‘special assistant’ role entails first. If Omar is given full autonomy (lol) with scouting and/or overseeing Latin American scouting I’m all for it. If he’s being brought in just for PR and to give the franchise a better public face Sandy and the Pons can go scratch.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:21 pm 
Legend of NYFS

AllWrightNow wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
People are upset about this? Omar knows talent and oddly convinced the Wilpons to actually allow pursuit of bigger name/expensive players. Happy he's back.

I need to know what his ‘special assistant’ role entails first. If Omar is given full autonomy (lol) with scouting and/or overseeing Latin American scouting I’m all for it. If he’s being brought in just for PR and to give the franchise a better public face Sandy and the Pons can go scratch.

If there is one thing I am confident in, its that nobody sees Omar as a "better public face".

This is one of the main reasons why he is perceived as he is and Sandy as he is - Sandy controls the message and media wayyyyyyyy better than Omar, who was horrible in press conference settings, especially when things began to go sour (and no, not just referencing the Adam Rubin issue).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:26 pm 
General Manager

Sherman

After '03 season #Mets knew weren't going to spend big on a Vlad Guerrero or others in free agency and brought in vet scout types Goldis/Livesey to give perception they can find talent on margins. Feels like repeating history with Minaya.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:28 pm 
Manager

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
AllWrightNow wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

If there is one thing I am confident in, its that nobody sees Omar as a "better public face".

This is one of the main reasons why he is perceived as he is and Sandy as he is - Sandy controls the message and media wayyyyyyyy better than Omar, who was horrible in press conference settings, especially when things began to go sour (and no, not just referencing the Adam Rubin issue).

I’m talking about with the fans, not the media. The Wilpons and Sandy are toxic compared to Omar with the fan base. Sure some is recency bias but Omar never made tone-deaf jokes like Nimmo being better than Stanton or needing to hitchhike to Spring Training. Fans like Omar just fine when he’s not giving out big FA contracts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:32 pm 
Veteran Presence

Seems weird to me Sandy would sign an extension and then days later Minaya is back. I'd have assumed that Sandy had to have known this was in the works and signed off on it. As the whole FO is kinda pissed off, that just screams to me the FO is mad they got a new guy in there to break up "god knows" what because they haven't done a good job bringing in talent and scouting. That's Omar's strength. But maybe I'm reading this wrong.

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:36 pm 
Franchise Player

Mogriffjr wrote:
Seems weird to me Sandy would sign an extension and then days later Minaya is back. I'd have assumed that Sandy had to have known this was in the works and signed off on it. As the whole FO is kinda pissed off, that just screams to me the FO is mad they got a new guy in there to break up "god knows" what because they haven't done a good job bringing in talent and scouting. That's Omar's strength. But maybe I'm reading this wrong.

Yeah, I don't see how people are upset about this if Omar is going to be in his strongest roll: scouting and talent evaluation.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:40 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Ralf wrote:
Sherman

After '03 season #Mets knew weren't going to spend big on a Vlad Guerrero or others in free agency and brought in vet scout types Goldis/Livesey to give perception they can find talent on margins. Feels like repeating history with Minaya.

Except that Minaya convinced the Mets to actually SPEND some of their money. That is the influence I hope he carries.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:41 pm 
Prospect

Mets need to stop paying for GMs and pay for a new 2B....

In all seriousness, Omar brought in a lot of strong international talent during his tenure. Hopefully, that’s where his concentration stays.

Legend of NYFS

R Nitelight wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Yikes. Carig claims the "entire FO" is upset about this move

Good.

You've been in a coma all winter. I'm glad something woke you up.

8)

100%

Legend of NYFS

R Nitelight wrote:
dragonfly wrote:
Is Steve Phillips "GM" next?

In this environment?

8)

Ha. I saw what you did there. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next