MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Um.... is Gooden implying Harvey is a drug addict?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:17 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Steve The Original wrote:
Also since drug testing is common if it was Harvey he was referring to don't you think Harvey would have been caught by now?

MLB doesn't test for recreational drugs at the major league level, so no, probably not.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:20 pm 
Legend of NYFS

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/darryl-strawberry-innings-clubhouse-sex-article-1.3713920

Quote:
“It’s a behavior that’s not good for anyone,” Strawberry said. “But when you have an addictive personality — like addicts, and alcoholics, and sex addiction — it’s an addictive personality. And we turn it on and turn it off. And it’s not until you have an awakening in your life to get well on the inside, and so many people never get to that place.”

I would almost 100% guarantee that Doc thought Darryl was referring to him

And it logically follows that this tweet had nothing to do with Matt Harvey.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:07 am 
Legend of NYFS

northway wrote:
Also since drug testing is common if it was Harvey he was referring to don't you think Harvey would have been caught by now?

MLB doesn't test for recreational drugs at the major league level, so no, probably not.

Maybe not but they can be tested if there’s reasonable cause to. Not sure rumors count tho. But I would bet that if Harvey had let’s say cocaine in his system, I think it would show up somehow, somewhere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:30 am 
Legend of NYFS

northway wrote:

Maybe not but they can be tested if there’s reasonable cause to. Not sure rumors count tho. But I would bet that if Harvey had let’s say cocaine in his system, I think it would show up somehow, somewhere

Showing up late repeatedly would probably represent probable cause, so perhaps. I tend to think Harvey's problems off the field probably begin and end with alcohol, and we can confirm his drinking based on his own public statements.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:21 am 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
I don’t really see the connection there other than the two being tweeted around the same time. The first one seems to be about people talking smack about him (Gooden) and that he’s not going to take it.

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:57 am 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Not if he is an alcoholic.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:11 am 
Legend of NYFS

There was a coke rumor when Harvey had the bloody nose, but that was 2015. Is a bloody nose a good indicator of coke use? I have no idea if that's a valid or just plain silly conclusion jumping.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:46 am 
Legend of NYFS

Hilltop wrote:

Not if he is an alcoholic.

True. But the thread doesn't refer to him being an alcoholic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:49 am 
Legend of NYFS

LTKfRGM wrote:
There was a coke rumor when Harvey had the bloody nose, but that was 2015. Is a bloody nose a good indicator of coke use? I have no idea if that's a valid or just plain silly conclusion jumping.

I would think it could indicate something regarding to cocaine usage but it's definitely silly conclusion jumping. Much like Metro did by starting this post in the first place. If Ed was here he would have locked this thread long ago

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2