Matt Pobereyko (RHP) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Matt Winaker (1b) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gregory Guerrero (SS) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Ryder Ryan (RHP) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 20
 Post subject: Who is #37?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:56 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Rookie maximums for at-bats (130), games pitched (30) or innings (50) in the major leagues"

If the 2 leaders are within 5% of each other, or the leader has less than 35% there will be a run-off between the top 2. If a run-off results in a tie the tiebreaker will be vote total in the previous poll, we will continue to "go back" in the polls until there is a clear leader.
*Rosario ineligible
*Dom ineligible

P.S. don't stress too much if you feel player X deserves to be on this list vs. player Y. It's extremely unlikely someone not yet nominated would be win any given poll. Nominate those you see fit.
** Executive decision, pulled the plug early on #7. By having the polls begin in the morning it allows for a more lively discussion. Lindsay was running away with the vote. Same with #10. Poll #11 will only have 9 options, I accidently had Kay listed a second time (copy and paste, sue me lol)

1) Andres Gimenez (SS) 12/27 votes-44%
2) David Peterson (LHP) 12/24 votes-50%
3) Mark Vientos (SS/3B) 13/24 votes-54%
4) Peter Alonso (1B) 21/28 votes-75%
5) Thomas Szapucki (LHP) 10/22-45%
6) Justin Dunn (RHP) 4/20-20%, runoff with Lindsay/Guillorme/Kay 9/22-41%
7) Desmond Lindsay (OF) 12/26-46%
8) Luis Guillorme (SS) 8/25-32%, run-off with Kay 11/22-50%, advances due to more votes in previous poll
9) Anthony Kay (LHP) 9/24-38%, run-off with Bashlor 10/20-50%, advances due to more votes in previous poll
10) Tyler Bashlor (RHP) 11/16-69%
11) Tomas Nido (C) 6/24-25%, run-off with Molina and Oswalt 12/20 60%
12) Marcos Molina (RHP) 6/20-30%, run-off with Evans 13/20-65%
13) Ronny Mauricio (SS) 6/17-35%
14) Gavin Cecchini (2B) 6/23-26%, run-off with Mazeika 12/15-80%
15) Chris Flexen (RHP) 8/26-31%, run-off with Mazeika/Thompson 8/11-73%
16) Patrick Mazeika (C) 6/22-27%, run-off with Thompson 8/14-57%
17) Corey Oswalt (RHP) 6/21-29%, run-off with Thompson 10/18-56%
18) David Thompson (3B) 8/21-38%
19) Jordan Humphreys (RHP) 9/16-56%
20) Kevin Kaczmarski (OF) 5/14-36%
21)Gerson Bautista (RHP) 5/24-21%, run-off with Evans 11/19-58%
22) Phil Evans (UTIL) 6/17-35%
23) Juan Uriarte (C) 6/19-32%
24) Drew Smith (RHP) 6/21-29%, run-off with Uceta 11/18-61%
25) Adonis Uceta (RHP) 9/20-45%
26) Jamie Callahan (RHP) 3/14-21%, Runoff with Holderman/Conlon 9/16-56%
27) PJ Conlon 6/16-38%
28) Nabil Crismatt 4/14-29%, Runoff with Holderman 10/17-59%
29) Colin Holderman 3/14-21%, Runoff with Blackham 7/13-54%
30) Matt Blackham 5/18 28%, Runoff with Becerra 9/13-69%
31) Steven Villines 3/15-20%, runoff with Becerra/James/Brodey 6/15-40%
32) Adrian Hernandez 3/17-18%, Run off with Becerra/James/Brodey 4/11-36%
33) Jhoan Urena (1b/3B) 3/16-19%, runoff with James 6/11-55%
34) Christian James (RHP) 4/16-25%, runoff with Nogosek 7/12-58%
35) Stephen Nogosek 8/17-47%
36) Jacob Rhame 4/16-27%

Post subject: Re: Who is #37?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:29 pm 
Legend of NYFS

who is 36?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:44 pm 
Manager

Going with my Bro

Very underrated on this list right now

3rd round pick with solid tools across the board. I think he will fly up this list next year

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:40 pm 
Rookie

McNeil here. I think he's likely a more impactful major leaguer than Phil Evans with better tools pretty much across the board (except arm).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:22 pm 
Manager

bygranddesign wrote:
Going with my Bro

Very underrated on this list right now

3rd round pick with solid tools across the board. I think he will fly up this list next year

Yes, even Daniel Murphy didn't hit in Brooklyn. But then he made the jump next year to St. Lucie. Will be interesting to see if Brodey's bat is polished enough to move that quickly.

Maybe by next year he'll be a candidate for the AFL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:45 pm 
Manager

Speaking of hitting in Brooklyn though, I guess I'd like to nominate Wagner LaGrange who did hit in Brooklyn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:52 am 
Legend of NYFS

acerimusdux wrote:
Speaking of hitting in Brooklyn though, I guess I'd like to nominate Wagner LaGrange who did hit in Brooklyn.

Really? We're talking already 22 and just 13 games above rookie ball. Tho again, in the 40s, I suppose this is 'anything goes' territory. However, I'd still advocate first for players like:
Cleveland
Harol
Hanhold
Vilera
Paez
Kuhns
JM Medina
Prevost
Renteria
Chadwick
Cobb
Zanghi
Tiberi
Granadillo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:53 am 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
acerimusdux wrote:

Really? We're talking already 22 and just 13 games above rookie ball. Tho again, in the 40s, I suppose this is 'anything goes' territory. However, I'd still advocate first for players like:
Cleveland
Harol
Hanhold
Vilera
Paez
Kuhns
JM Medina
Prevost
Renteria
Chadwick
Cobb
Zanghi
Tiberi
Granadillo

I had to look up Armadillo, I mean, Granadillo and he look similar to Lagrange, unless you know something about his defense that makes him stand out. Otherwise, he's an older DSL player who hits for average - basically what LaGrange is.

I'm not sure Chadwick is a top 50 guy either, college senior starting out in Kingsport. He's got some stuff going for him like deception but he also struggles with control. I don't think he's there yet.

I think BA praised LaGrange, not 100% sure but I think so. I'd have to go back and look.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:41 pm 
Legend of NYFS

LTKfRGM wrote:
I had to look up Armadillo, I mean, Granadillo and he look similar to Lagrange, unless you know something about his defense that makes him stand out. Otherwise, he's an older DSL player who hits for average - basically what LaGrange is.

I'm not sure Chadwick is a top 50 guy either, college senior starting out in Kingsport. He's got some stuff going for him like deception but he also struggles with control. I don't think he's there yet.

I think BA praised LaGrange, not 100% sure but I think so. I'd have to go back and look.

Not that it's a tremendous difference but Granadillo is a year younger than Lagrange and has flashed some SB ability, and he was last on my list there... :)

And Chadwick pitched in Brooklyn this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:50 pm 
Manager

HeyNowHK wrote:
acerimusdux wrote:

Really? We're talking already 22 and just 13 games above rookie ball.

He's only 3 months older than Brodey. And he actually hit this year (though mostly Kingsport). I just think there's a combination there of tools and performance that most of these other guys aren't showing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:43 pm 
Rookie

Where did this "nobody hits in Brooklyn" thing come from? The actual prospects we've had go through Brooklyn, for the most part, have hit. Alonso and Lindsay dominated in 2016. Conforto and Urena hit well in 2014. Rosario held his own at 18 in 2014. Nimmo and Cecchini hit well there in 2012. Taijeron and Muno in 2011. Vaughn and Ceciliani in 2010. I could go on.

Honestly the only recent "legit" prospect we've had who looked lost in Brooklyn has been Thompson. Bringing up Murphy in Brooklyn is odd considering that's a 34 PA sample. I'd bet on Brodey being more similar to Paez, Tiberi, Oberste, Sienna, Woodmansee, and the long-list of non-prospects that didn't hit in Brooklyn than the aforementioned guys.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:00 pm 
Manager

As for those other guys:

Cleveland - interesting. Not much to go on yet, but we should be looking at guys like this around here.

Harol - 6 months older than Lagrange, OK numbers in A ball, unexciting scouting.

Hanhold - 2 years older than Lagrange, now strictly a pen arm, has made it only as high as A+

Vilera - 22 months younger than Lagrange, but he was in the GCL, so not really on any faster development track. And I haven't really heard anything from a scouting perspective.

Paez - 9 months older than Lagrange, and while he did make it to A+, he sucked there. So also not really on a faster track. Plus seems like a lower ceiling package of tools.

Kuhns - 13 months older than Lagrange, another not terribly exciting pen arm in low A (good numbers, but not that much a jump for a guy who was an experienced college closer).

JM Medina - this one's interesting, they are obviously promoting him agressively, and he has some tools.

Prevost - more than 3.5 years older, and had a bad year. But maybe an argument for him if you think he'll take a step forward another year removed from TJ surgery.

Renteria - 11 months older, struggled in Brooklyn, but maybe an interestng arm. Most likely will be another low level minor league pen arm though.

Chadwick - another low 90s college reliever, pen arm in Brooklyn, who was also almost a year older than Lagrange.

Cobb - another low 90s college reliever, pen arm in Brooklyn, who was a little more than a year older than Lagrange.

Zanghi - another low level pen arm, 9 months older than Lagrange.

Tiberi - 7 months older, only 5 games this year, didn't hit in Brooklyn last year when he was healthy either, and now has to recover from TJ.

Granadillo - this one's intriguing. Didn't hit in brief Brooklyn look, but was 17 months younger than Lagrange. But I still think Lagrange performing in Kingsport is more impressive than Granadillo performing in the GCL, given the age difference is only a little over a year. If there's some enthusiastic scouting, though, I could buy into Granadillo.

Overall, I've said before that I think that generally minor league relievers aren't prospects. Most mlb relievers were starters through the upper minors. There are exception, but most of these guys don't look like exceptions. I'd be supporting even Tim Tebow over some of these guys.

The one guy you are really tempting me with is Medina. Vilera, Granadillo and Cleveland are the others that might be interesting. I'd love to see some video or scouting accounts on these four.

I'll add Hansel Moreno is another guy who is more than a year younger than Lagrange who I think I like better than anyone you mentioned.

Also, I mentioned Ranfy Adon previously as a sleeper I find intriguing, and that kind of got shot down. But he's only 7 months older than Cleveland, and I'm not sure why his 60 PA sample is worth so much less than Cleveland's 24.2 IP sample. Especially when a big part of it was than Adon has previously gotten raves for his tools and upside.

So my big question is, was anyone raving about Cleveland's stuff in the GCL, either this year or last? Likewise Medina, Vilera, or Granadillo, are they getting noticed out there?