MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:47 pm 
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 13052
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
Some surprises I think, and (our ranking in parentheses)

25. David Thompson (18)
24. Drew Smith (24)
23. Stephen Villines (31)
22. Bryce Hutchinson (not yet nominated)
21. Jeff McNeil (getting votes, not yet voted in)
20. Christian James (34)
19. Jordan Humphreys (19)
18. Marcos Molina (12)
17. Gerson Bautista (21)
16. Harol Gonzalez (not yet nominated, some discussion though)
15. Adonis Uceta (25)
14. Nabil Crismatt (28)
13. Corey Oswalt (17)

The 12 remaining, based on our list:

These 9 are locks I think.

Gimenez
Peterson
Vientos
Alonso
Szapucki
Dunn
Lindsay
Guillorme
Nido

and probably 3 of these 5.

Kay
Bashlor
Mauricio
Cecchini
Flexen
and (maybe) Uriarte - BA liked him or Mazeika? I don't know.

Flexen/Cecchini might be considered ineligible or off the 25 (?), maybe they didn't count Mauricio - too soon, or Kay - hasn't pitched yet or someone I overlooked. Time will tell.

Links:

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/1/1/1 ... son-mcneil

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/1/2/1 ... -humphreys

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/1/3/1 ... a-bautista

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/1/4/1 ... z-bautista

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/1/5/1 ... att-oswalt

_________________
Why is it a bad thing to lose touch with reality? Have you seen reality lately? It's terrible. - Stephen Colbert.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:26 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm
Posts: 594
https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/1/8/1 ... ashlor-kay

Bashlor #12, Kay #11


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:20 pm 
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:29 pm
Posts: 346
https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/1/9/1 ... -guillorme

#10 - Guillorme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:52 pm 
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 13052
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
I'm still curious who they excluded.

Gimenez
Peterson
Vientos
Alonso
Szapucki
Dunn
Lindsay
Nido

Should be locks but that's 8, with room for 1 more.

Cecchini? (he's still eligible)

Flexen? (48 innings, I think the cutoff is 50 but maybe he went over in days).

Mauricio (exclusion/inclusion of DSL guys is entirely optional, so whatever they do with him is fine with me).

_________________
Why is it a bad thing to lose touch with reality? Have you seen reality lately? It's terrible. - Stephen Colbert.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:54 pm
Posts: 6649
Location: Vero Beach, FL
LTKfRGM wrote:
I'm still curious who they excluded.

Gimenez
Peterson
Vientos
Alonso
Szapucki
Dunn
Lindsay
Nido

Should be locks but that's 8, with room for 1 more.

Cecchini? (he's still eligible)

Flexen? (48 innings, I think the cutoff is 50 but maybe he went over in days).

Mauricio (exclusion/inclusion of DSL guys is entirely optional, so whatever they do with him is fine with me).


I think they may be considering anyone who played in MLB ineligible. I saw a comment from Lukas Vlahos saying Rhame and Callahan were ineligible, so I'd think Cecchini and Flexen must be as well.

So probably the other is Mauricio.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:59 am 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm
Posts: 594
acerimusdux wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
I'm still curious who they excluded.

Gimenez
Peterson
Vientos
Alonso
Szapucki
Dunn
Lindsay
Nido

Should be locks but that's 8, with room for 1 more.

Cecchini? (he's still eligible)

Flexen? (48 innings, I think the cutoff is 50 but maybe he went over in days).

Mauricio (exclusion/inclusion of DSL guys is entirely optional, so whatever they do with him is fine with me).


I think they may be considering anyone who played in MLB ineligible. I saw a comment from Lukas Vlahos saying Rhame and Callahan were ineligible, so I'd think Cecchini and Flexen must be as well.

So probably the other is Mauricio.

Spya mentioned liking Planck better than Kay and they ranked Kay #11 so might be him as well even though that'd be crazy high.

I'm not sure if they're any more scouts than we are, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:20 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 82387
Location: New York, NY
Planck that high would be absurd. It's understood he wasn't a million dollar prospect as is. Hasn't done anything on the field and now shoulder surgery. 100% teams in baseball take Kay over Planck.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 am 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:54 pm
Posts: 6649
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Do we even know Planck is going to be fully healthy this spring?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 82387
Location: New York, NY
acerimusdux wrote:
Do we even know Planck is going to be fully healthy this spring?



Nope. Even the nature of the shoulder surgery has been underreported. "Shoulder surgery" on 7/13. Otherwise I haven't seen anything regarding his arm at all.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:39 pm 
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 13052
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
Nido - #9. Some nice praise for his glove.

https://www.amazinavenue.com/2018/1/10/ ... tomas-nido

_________________
Why is it a bad thing to lose touch with reality? Have you seen reality lately? It's terrible. - Stephen Colbert.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:42 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 82387
Location: New York, NY
This is silly

"With the bat, Nido’s carrying tool is plus power. His swing has length and an unorthodox path, which limits how much of his raw power he can tap into during games."

His carrying tool is one that he doesn't display in games and they go on to basically explain he likely won't due to his swing length and path... so that's not a carrying tool at all.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Amazin Avenue's top 25 - in progress
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:22 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 61184
Metro2007 wrote:
This is silly

"With the bat, Nido’s carrying tool is plus power. His swing has length and an unorthodox path, which limits how much of his raw power he can tap into during games."

His carrying tool is one that he doesn't display in games and they go on to basically explain he likely won't due to his swing length and path... so that's not a carrying tool at all.


His carrying tool is that he plays catcher so the burden on him to do literally anything other than playing catcher is low to have even a menial baseball career.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 127 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media