MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

?
Poll ended at Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:25 am
Becerra 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
McNeil 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
McGeorge 40%  40%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 15
Author Message
 Post subject: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:25 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81604
Location: New York, NY
?

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:21 am 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 12566
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
I'd like to nominate

Nelmerson Xavier Mariano Silvano Angela

_________________
"Anyone who can’t hear the difference between wood and concrete must be blind."

- Yogi.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:30 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81604
Location: New York, NY
LTKfRGM wrote:
I'd like to nominate

Nelmerson Xavier Mariano Silvano Angela



He throws mid 80's...

Anyway Planck is next, followed by Paez and Carpio.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:38 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 23618
Location: NYC
Well, I mentioned the idea of looking at some DSL guys. Admittedly it's pretty hard bc it's little more than stat scouting, but there are a bunch of potentially interesting names there that probably end up carrying this system 2 and 3 years from now. I'll just throw out these 8 (non-pitchers):

Shervyen Newton 3B (19) - he was mentioned a bunch of times this past season
Luis Santana 2B (18)
Yoel Romero 2B (20)
Edgardo Fermin 2B/SS (20)
Jose Peroza 3B (18)
Sebastian Espino SS (18)
Moises Gonzalez OF (18)
David Lozano 1B/2B (20)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81604
Location: New York, NY
HeyNowHK wrote:
Well, I mentioned the idea of looking at some DSL guys. Admittedly it's pretty hard bc it's little more than stat scouting, but there are a bunch of potentially interesting names there that probably end up carrying this system 2 and 3 years from now. I'll just throw out these 8 (non-pitchers):

Shervyen Newton 3B (19) - he was mentioned a bunch of times this past season
Luis Santana 2B (18)
Yoel Romero 2B (20)
Edgardo Fermin 2B/SS (20)
Jose Peroza 3B (18)
Sebastian Espino SS (18)
Moises Gonzalez OF (18)
David Lozano 1B/2B (20)


Given none are big bonus guys or received any "mainstream mention". I personally feel (even in an awful system) those are the types you monitor as potentially on a future list vs. a top 50 guy right now. Stats mean close to nothing in the DSL, none are particularly young for the level, even if you go by stats nobody jumped off the page and it's not as if we hear "one guy who might be interesting is....". I don't think any IFA is a top 50 prospect without a significant bonus or some sort of legit "mention" from the mainstream writers until they come over. Newton for example is a plus athlete with a live arm (might end up on the mound) but it's not as if anyone is really talking him up.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:46 am 
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:29 pm
Posts: 300
Luis Santana had a phenomenal year...
Yes it’s DSL, but let’s see how he progresses in Kingsport next season.

2017 Stats:
.325/.430/.481

8 Triples... that’s like lance Johnson amounts...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:47 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81604
Location: New York, NY
I mean I don't particularly love say Tony Dibrell, but I really doubt a single team in baseball is taking one of those IFA names over him, I don't particularly know much about Nate Peden but if he received 125,000 to sign as an IFA, with the same measurable (6'4) and age (19) I don't think anyone would be advocating top 50 without some additional information ie buzz from another source.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:53 am 
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:29 pm
Posts: 300
Metro2007 wrote:
I mean I don't particularly love say Tony Dibrell, but I really doubt a single team in baseball is taking one of those IFA names over him, I don't particularly know much about Nate Peden but if he received 125,000 to sign as an IFA, with the same measurable (6'4) and age (19) I don't think anyone would be advocating top 50 without some additional information ie buzz from another source.


Agreed but man did these guys tear up the DSL... I’m just viewing the stat lines... Will be nice to monitor these guys for the next couple of seasons with some of our other high bonus IFAs...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:53 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81604
Location: New York, NY
stevereiff wrote:
Luis Santana had a phenomenal year...
Yes it’s DSL, but let’s see how he progresses in Kingsport next season.

2017 Stats:
.325/.430/.481

8 Triples... that’s like lance Johnson amounts...



That's not particularly impressive for the DSL in the grand scheme. Go back and look at the league leaders in OPS every year, it's 99% "never even became a middling prospect in the states".

2012-2014 (meaning enough time where at this point they should be known prospects)


2014
Manuel Joseph
Divenson Pimental
Carlos Vidal
Raul Siri
Felix Santana

2013
Domingo Leyba
Richi Sanchez
Dalfis Ortiz
Carlos Munoz
Alex Mercedes

2012
Vicente Lupo (yup)
Jose Figueroa
Gabriel Guerrero
Eduard Pinto
Josmar Cordero

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:56 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 81604
Location: New York, NY
stevereiff wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
I mean I don't particularly love say Tony Dibrell, but I really doubt a single team in baseball is taking one of those IFA names over him, I don't particularly know much about Nate Peden but if he received 125,000 to sign as an IFA, with the same measurable (6'4) and age (19) I don't think anyone would be advocating top 50 without some additional information ie buzz from another source.


Agreed but man did these guys tear up the DSL... I’m just viewing the stat lines... Will be nice to monitor these guys for the next couple of seasons with some of our other high bonus IFAs...



Like I said
1) Offensive leagues
2) Almost no evidence doing really well in the DSL = doing well in the US. This is a debate that comes up every few years. I remember Oscar Hernandez going NUTS in the DSL as a 17 year old .423/.503/.732, to the point there was actual buzz regarding his performance and he's a success story... he made the bigs 47 career PA's hitting .167 and he's a catcher where you can almost "fake it" if you are even passable back there enough to see a big league game.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:59 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 23618
Location: NYC
Metro2007 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Well, I mentioned the idea of looking at some DSL guys. Admittedly it's pretty hard bc it's little more than stat scouting, but there are a bunch of potentially interesting names there that probably end up carrying this system 2 and 3 years from now. I'll just throw out these 8 (non-pitchers):

Shervyen Newton 3B (19) - he was mentioned a bunch of times this past season
Luis Santana 2B (18)
Yoel Romero 2B (20)
Edgardo Fermin 2B/SS (20)
Jose Peroza 3B (18)
Sebastian Espino SS (18)
Moises Gonzalez OF (18)
David Lozano 1B/2B (20)


Given none are big bonus guys or received any "mainstream mention". I personally feel (even in an awful system) those are the types you monitor as potentially on a future list vs. a top 50 guy right now. Stats mean close to nothing in the DSL, none are particularly young for the level, even if you go by stats nobody jumped off the page and it's not as if we hear "one guy who might be interesting is....". I don't think any IFA is a top 50 prospect without a significant bonus or some sort of legit "mention" from the mainstream writers until they come over. Newton for example is a plus athlete with a live arm (might end up on the mound) but it's not as if anyone is really talking him up.

BTW, those are next season ages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #38 runoff Becerra vs. McNeil vs. McGeorge
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:05 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 23618
Location: NYC
Before the horse gets all the way out of the barn here, I didn't say any of these guys were going to be stars. This is all relative... I'm saying that the Mets appear to have had a couple of solid int'l classes (for them) in 15 and 16 (and if Mauricio is as good as advertised, possibly 17 the best) and given the relative weakness of the system, we could see a bunch of these intl signees eventually taking up big chunks of future Mets top 30s.

So, mostly this is something to file away.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Disco Ball, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jdawginsc, Kevin From Spotswood, Majestic-12 [Bot], MarkJohnson>You, Mavericknyc1980, ndfordarling and 106 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media