MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline
Draft Pick

Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:22 pm
Posts: 9
Joe and Evan on WFAN are definitely critical of the Mets/Wilpons and they apparently can't get any one associated with the organization to come on their show. They had Bruce on after the season and joked that if he re-signed they wouldn't be allowed to talk to him again. So, I could see there being something to the writers not wanting to really criticize ownership.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 26346
Location: NYC
piazzafan wrote:
MetGirl5 wrote:
I don't think the reporters are "afraid" of the Wilpons. Especially the ones that write for real publications.


I have to disagree with you on that. The Mets are essentially the only NY franchise in the 4 major sports that penny pinches. In my opinion the media was tougher on them before the Adam Rubin/Omar incident. Since then they have really failed to go after them. Sure theres an article here and there but let's be honest SNY hires Daily News, WFAN and NY Post (among others) for their some of their shows. It just feels to me that there's a if you wash my back I will wash yours thing going on.

Meh. There's far less shillery on Met broadcasts then anything in Yankee world. And plenty of the commentary on the SNY shows is pretty openly critical of the team and how it's run if not taking direct hits at the Wilpons. I think general decorum and respect is all that keeps that from happening.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 7092
luciferase wrote:
Joe and Evan on WFAN are definitely critical of the Mets/Wilpons and they apparently can't get any one associated with the organization to come on their show. They had Bruce on after the season and joked that if he re-signed they wouldn't be allowed to talk to him again. So, I could see there being something to the writers not wanting to really criticize ownership.


To be fair that has nothing to do with the hosts, and everything to do with the Mets' own acrimonious departure from WFAN radio (and the Yankees' arrival there). I don't believe any WFAN show is allowed to have Mets on it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseb ... -1.2610771

But re: Carig and other beat writers I do think there's something to the whole taking a free shot out the door without any consequences which is a bit cowardly on his part. Cause the Mets can make life directly miserable for any beat guy if they wanted.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:46 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 25917
Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
piazzafan wrote:
MetGirl5 wrote:
I don't think the reporters are "afraid" of the Wilpons. Especially the ones that write for real publications.


I have to disagree with you on that. The Mets are essentially the only NY franchise in the 4 major sports that penny pinches. In my opinion the media was tougher on them before the Adam Rubin/Omar incident. Since then they have really failed to go after them. Sure theres an article here and there but let's be honest SNY hires Daily News, WFAN and NY Post (among others) for their some of their shows. It just feels to me that there's a if you wash my back I will wash yours thing going on.

I don’t think that is the case. And I don’t think the Mets have been immune from
criticism from the media. If anything it seemed like before this offseason fans were constantly getting on the beat writers for being too critical and mocking of the Mets on twitter (a sentiment I also disagreed with). And it’s not like there were any repercussions against Rubin for that incident. Sure he was probably a little embarrassed/surprised but he didn’t lose his job or access and stlll kept his great sources. There is the “Daily News” show on SNY but it’s never been a pro Mets propaganda type show.

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"Wright is greedy" is easily the worst take in the recent history of Mets fandom, and there have been some bad takes in Mets fandom.

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life


RIP uapeople


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:09 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 7326
The writers making constant snips on Twitter isn't the same as a well thought out published column calling out the ownership and management. Not even in the year 2018.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:49 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:36 pm
Posts: 25917
Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
dragonfly wrote:
The writers making constant snips on Twitter isn't the same as a well thought out published column calling out the ownership and management. Not even in the year 2018.

I’m not saying tweets and articles are equivalent but if reporters were oh so scared about getting in “trouble” somehow for saying something negative they wouldn’t do either.

And it’s not like there are no negative articles written either.

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
"Wright is greedy" is easily the worst take in the recent history of Mets fandom, and there have been some bad takes in Mets fandom.

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life


RIP uapeople


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:18 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 26346
Location: NYC
It's now official per Carig.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 7092
Think we need to take Carig off the Twitter scroll and add a couple of the newer Met beat writers, more than half the stuff there now is Yankees between his stuff and what he retweets.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:22 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:31 am
Posts: 3462
Location: Fairview Township, PA
Who are the new Met beat writers?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:56 am 
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 5456
Tim Healey- Newsday (took over for Carig)
Mike Puma- Post
Kristie Ackert- Daily News

_________________
eternal optimist

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:02 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 26346
Location: NYC
Ehalt and Wagner

and also Britton from the Athletic.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Marc Carig leaving the mets beat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 7326
Yes please remove Carig. I didn't want to read him when he covered the Mets and I certainly don't want to read his Yankees coverage.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 125 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media