MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:44 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 61184
James Wagner @ByJamesWagner
1m
Hearing the Mets are planning to DFA lefty reliever Josh Smoker to make room for recently re-signed infielder Jose Reyes. Smoker, former 1st rounder who overcame many injuries to reach majors, had 5.11 ERA last year; 2.63 ERA in 2nd half. Command fades but throws hard.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 61184
Smoker stinks, but there are a lot of guys who stink, and Smoker is literally the only 2nd lefty option in the org right now unless we're converting Matz to the bullpen.

So, this is interesting. And likely just kicking the can down the road for when you just need to add another LHRP to the 40 man.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 61184
Mets will have 11 infielders on the 40 man now, fwiw.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:53 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 7090
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Mets will have 11 infielders on the 40 man now, fwiw.


Since 5 of them will be on the DL at any given time I'd like to look at it as good planning. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:56 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 61184
You can form a pretty mediocre MLB, AAA and AA team with all of the Mets' infielders on the 40 man!

MLB: Cabrera-Rosario-Reyes-AGone
AAA: Flores-Reynolds-Rivera-Smith
AA: [no 3b]-Guillorme-Cecchini-Nido (at 1st)

DL: Wright

Woot!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 61184
On the other hand, you literally can't complete more than 1 team in the OF based on what we have on the 40, and there are no just 2 left handed pitchers on there, total. Blevins and Matz.

Its a very interesting 40 man, indeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:00 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 25659
Location: NYC
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
James Wagner @ByJamesWagner
1m
Hearing the Mets are planning to DFA lefty reliever Josh Smoker to make room for recently re-signed infielder Jose Reyes. Smoker, former 1st rounder who overcame many injuries to reach majors, had 5.11 ERA last year; 2.63 ERA in 2nd half. Command fades but throws hard.

Man, the FO really can't quit them some Matt Reynolds... bizarre. And heck, I'm no Smoker fan but Montero?? Reynolds? Robles (who is apparently getting lit up in the DWL)..?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 61184
Plan: We're going to improve our starting pitching by investing in the bullpen, asking the starters to do less.

Action: Use Jerry Blevins for 162 games, pray Familia is good again, feign shock when plan doesn't work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 25659
Location: NYC
@AdamRubinMedia
Josh Smoker designated for assignment with the Jose Reyes re-signing. Good luck to Josh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 7090
HeyNowHK wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
James Wagner @ByJamesWagner
1m
Hearing the Mets are planning to DFA lefty reliever Josh Smoker to make room for recently re-signed infielder Jose Reyes. Smoker, former 1st rounder who overcame many injuries to reach majors, had 5.11 ERA last year; 2.63 ERA in 2nd half. Command fades but throws hard.

Man, the FO really can't quit them some Matt Reynolds... bizarre. And heck, I'm no Smoker fan but Montero?? Reynolds? Robles (who is apparently getting lit up in the DWL)..?


Reynolds and Montero are turning into 40 Man Roster Lifers here. You know dang well once Reynolds is off the Mets 40 man roster he'll fade into oblivion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:18 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 61184
dragonfly wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
James Wagner @ByJamesWagner
1m
Hearing the Mets are planning to DFA lefty reliever Josh Smoker to make room for recently re-signed infielder Jose Reyes. Smoker, former 1st rounder who overcame many injuries to reach majors, had 5.11 ERA last year; 2.63 ERA in 2nd half. Command fades but throws hard.

Man, the FO really can't quit them some Matt Reynolds... bizarre. And heck, I'm no Smoker fan but Montero?? Reynolds? Robles (who is apparently getting lit up in the DWL)..?


Reynolds and Montero are turning into 40 Man Roster Lifers here. You know dang well once Reynolds is off the Mets 40 man roster he'll fade into oblivion.


He'll be in tryouts against Ruben Tejada and Eric Campbell for 1 spot in the Atlantic League.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Reyes official - 1 yr deal
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 25659
Location: NYC
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Plan: We're going to improve our starting pitching by investing in the bullpen, asking the starters to do less.

Action: Use Jerry Blevins for 162 games, pray Familia is good again, feign shock when plan doesn't work.

This is funny, but a Blevins injury of any sort would be quite sobering.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 129 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media