MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: We have a trade!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:48 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MookieWouldaBeatIt wrote:
Stop this Reynolds stuff - He's gone with the next FA signing

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:52 am 
Draft Pick

We can only hope. I don't know what is so hot about M. Reynolds that we keep losing guys who actually produce.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:53 am 
Draft Pick

How about we give Adam Rubin a job in the FO, now that Omar's back?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:26 am 
Legend of NYFS

BastardsonofMr.Met wrote:
We can only hope. I don't know what is so hot about M. Reynolds that we keep losing guys who actually produce.

I don't think I'd say Smoker produced. Bradford pitched OK though. Mets might have thought they could slip him through.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:12 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Matt Reynolds is awful.
Career .228/.300/.351/.651 hitter in 226 PAs with a 31.4% K rate and 0.0 WAR

Josh Smoker is a lefty with awful control who throws up to 98 mph with a workable splitter/slider.

Hmmmmmmmmm
[thinking face]

Lets get rid of the hard throwing lefty reliever. No upside there. Reynolds tho, HE'S A KEEPER!

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:49 pm 
Legend of NYFS

tejdog1 wrote:

Matt Reynolds is awful.
Career .228/.300/.351/.651 hitter in 226 PAs with a 31.4% K rate and 0.0 WAR

Josh Smoker is a lefty with awful control who throws up to 98 mph with a workable splitter/slider.

Hmmmmmmmmm
[thinking face]

Lets get rid of the hard throwing lefty reliever. No upside there. Reynolds tho, HE'S A KEEPER!

It's hard to learn control. Smokers struggled with that his entire career, and Reynolds has a bit of upside as a backup SS with some pop. It's not like he's Ruben Tejada out there, he's got an OK toolset. .651 is probably above average for a backup SS too.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:01 pm 
Legend of NYFS

LTKfRGM wrote:
and Reynolds has a bit of upside as a backup SS with some pop. It's not like he's Ruben Tejada out there, he's got an OK toolset. .651 is probably above average for a backup SS too.

It's not like Cabrera or Reyes or Flores or Guillorme can play SS or anything...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:17 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
and Reynolds has a bit of upside as a backup SS with some pop. It's not like he's Ruben Tejada out there, he's got an OK toolset. .651 is probably above average for a backup SS too.

It's not like Cabrera or Reyes or Flores or Guillorme can play SS or anything...

Cabrera and Flores can't. Reyes, maybe, but he's getting a little long in the tooth.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:46 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Cabrera and Flores can fake it as long as Reynolds can. Reynolds' rep as a good SS is 100% fiction. He was a college 3B. He can fake it at SS. Thats it.

He also has almost exactly-Tejada pop, so that point is ridiculous. Matt Reynolds has 200 or so major league plate appearances at age 27. Ruben Tejada has been a 4 year starter in this league and washed out already and is only a year older. Matt Reynolds would kill to have Tejada's career. Spoiler: he won't.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:55 pm 
Legend of NYFS

LTKfRGM wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:

Cabrera and Flores can't. Reyes, maybe, but he's getting a little long in the tooth.

Wait, Cabrera was the everyday SS thru the middle of last season. Now he can't be an injury replacement at SS?? :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:22 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
Wait, Cabrera was the everyday SS thru the middle of last season. Now he can't be an injury replacement at SS?? :shock:

This is what I love about positional versatility when it comes to bad players.

When guys are bad enough that they're not playing somewhere everyday, they're versatile.

When they're good enough to play one spot, but play it poorly, suddenly they're not versatile.

If Asdrubal Cabrera were on the open market (aka, he had a worse offensive year and we declined his option), he'd be looking for utility gigs and we'd hear about defensive versatility - oh, ala Reyes!!!

Its like Sandy whining about Moustakas' lack of defensive "versatility" today. Sure, he's a 3B-only...because he's good enough to start there!!! If he ever started to suck, surely we'd start hearing about his ability to play 1B, maybe some 2B, maybe even some LF...now he's versatile!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:23 am 
Legend of NYFS

Am I the only one who remembers how bad Cabrera was at ss last year? I never said Matt Reynolds was a great fielder. He's more like a bag of 5S. His fielding at SS is OK, his power tool is OK (maybe a 35 but that's above average for a backup SS).

Also, MJ come on. Matt Reynolds has 4 homers in 226 plate appearances. Tejada had 2 homers over his first 4 seasons, over 1300 plate appearances. I don't understand why people can see upside in a pitcher but not a position player. Yes, Reynolds' numbers have been bad so far, but if he starts hitting a little better he becomes a nice player. There's some nice bench player upside there. The mets aren't dumb. They're not protecting him out of stupidity. They like what they see, at least enough to move Smoker before him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next