MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Official 2018 Spring Training Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:15 am 
Legend of NYFS

Rut Row.

Marlins sign Eric Campbell.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:03 pm 
Legend of NYFS

R Nitelight wrote:
Rut Row.

Marlins sign Eric Campbell.

8)

Nice. :D I may have to root for them a little bit now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:15 pm 
Manager

Quote:
PHOENIX — You think you’ve ingested (or written, in my case) enough spring-training “Best shape of my life” stories to last several lifetimes. That you’d rather see Tony Clark and Rob Manfred exchange nonsensical statements about the dormant free-agent market than listen to one more ballplayer tell you about his life-changing winter.

You need to give these tales of reformation and reinvention another chance.

You must watch Dominic Smith execute a perfect pop-up slide.

“I feel more athletic than I’ve ever been,” Smith told The Post on Tuesday, a few hours after showing off his pop-up slide form.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/07/inside-lo ... formation/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:24 pm 
NYFS Staff

acerimusdux wrote:
Quote:
PHOENIX — You think you’ve ingested (or written, in my case) enough spring-training “Best shape of my life” stories to last several lifetimes. That you’d rather see Tony Clark and Rob Manfred exchange nonsensical statements about the dormant free-agent market than listen to one more ballplayer tell you about his life-changing winter.

You need to give these tales of reformation and reinvention another chance.

You must watch Dominic Smith execute a perfect pop-up slide.

“I feel more athletic than I’ve ever been,” Smith told The Post on Tuesday, a few hours after showing off his pop-up slide form.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/07/inside-lo ... formation/

Read that. He looks much different. Wonder if it quickens the bat. Also love him say he is going to push Gonzalez for a starting job, while also saying he will pick his brain and continue to work hard. Great sound bites.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:39 pm 
General Manager

I really hope he can keep it up. He obviously has talent. Being in good shape gives him a chance.

The team could use a positive surprise.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:02 am 
Franchise Player

If Adrian Gonzalez and Dom Smith doesn't work, we can sign Rafael Palmeiro right? :-D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:29 am 
General Manager

Wasn't Dom thin in ST last year too? The problem with him as I remember wasn't coming to camp in shape, it was staying in shape during the season when he was eating fast food in Vegas.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:28 am 
NYFS Staff

AllWrightNow wrote:
Wasn't Dom thin in ST last year too? The problem with him as I remember wasn't coming to camp in shape, it was staying in shape during the season when he was eating fast food in Vegas.

He came in at 236 last year and ballooned back into the 250s. He'll come in at 224 this year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:38 am 
NYFS Hall of Famer

Funny I told posters that simply being with the big club would help Dom nutrition and low and behold when he came up he lost 7 lbs due to having access to more healthy options as opposed to Vegas...But it seems posters want to be right at every single turn [-X

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:15 am 
MVP

Re: Dom

Me thinks the Mets actually invested $500,000 in Dom AND Alonso by signing A-Gon. Gonzalez will only be in NY IF he proves early that there is something left in the tank. Otherwise, it will be Dom-time, with Peter Alonso following behind. I really like our chances at first base because I really think we are covered with some potentially not great, but good talent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:20 am 
General Manager

sluger11787 wrote:
AllWrightNow wrote:

He came in at 236 last year and ballooned back into the 250s. He'll come in at 224 this year.

Well that's an improvement for sure, but I don't know they plan to fix the in-season weight gain if they're gung-ho about him playing in Vegas again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:49 am 
Legend of NYFS

Good to see with Dom. Hopefully he hits so well this spring that there's no choice but to make him the starting 1B. At least there's some upside with him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 36  Next