MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:17 pm 
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 5895
Bruce have averaged 149 games the past 5 seasons. Frazier 154. Don't tell a Mets fan that has no value.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:19 pm 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 4553
Mark Simon
@MarkASimonSays
Todd Frazier's 10.8 bWAR over the last 3 seasons ranks 9th among those whose primary position was 3B

Admittedly trending down, but he's been a 3.4 WAR player each of the last 2 seasons

Remember when naysayers were thinking Reyes would be starting....yeah about that...

_________________
eternal optimist

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:22 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 22001
Location: NYC
Mogriffjr wrote:
Mark Simon
@MarkASimonSays
Todd Frazier's 10.8 bWAR over the last 3 seasons ranks 9th among those whose primary position was 3B

Admittedly trending down, but he's been a 3.4 WAR player each of the last 2 seasons

Remember when naysayers were thinking Reyes would be starting....yeah about that...

Don't kid yourself, they caved in to public pressure.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 6684
dragonfly wrote:
Bruce have averaged 149 games the past 5 seasons. Frazier 154. Don't tell a Mets fan that has no value.


Now watch them both get hurt this year :P

The signing (at its cost) IS predictable...it isn't all bad though. But it just gets eyerolling seeing Sandy continually go after the same type of hitter over and over again like every guy in the lineup has to be a lumbering 20-25 HR guy with decent OB, a low BA and high K rate.

HeyNowHK wrote:
Don't kid yourself, they caved in to public pressure.


Caving would have been giving Frazier a third or fourth year and/or over $10 million dollars. Pricewise they didn't cave.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline
Prospect

Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:33 pm
Posts: 284
Love this deal. Instantly becomes the best third baseman we've had since David "croaked" :P


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:30 pm 
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 5895
AllWrightNow wrote:
dragonfly wrote:
Bruce have averaged 149 games the past 5 seasons. Frazier 154. Don't tell a Mets fan that has no value.


Now watch them both get hurt this year :P

The signing (at its cost) IS predictable...it isn't all bad though. But it just gets eyerolling seeing Sandy continually go after the same type of hitter over and over again like every guy in the lineup has to be a 20-25 HR guy with decent OB, a low BA and high K rate.


It can happen but at this point it would be nice to have some guys you can pencil in every day. Cespedes will miss time. Conforto will miss at least a month. Lagares always misses time. A-Gone might be A-Done by May. Cabrera gets hurt a lot.

At this point I am just happy they're making moves and we'll see how it plays out. I still think comes down to pitching behind deGrom and Syndergaard.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8341
AllWrightNow wrote:
But it just gets eyerolling seeing Sandy continually go after the same type of hitter over and over again like every guy in the lineup has to be a lumbering 20-25 HR guy with decent OB, a low BA and high K rate.



He's not a good OB guy though.


Or even decent.


Career wise or over the past 2-3 years.

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:32 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59921
Mogriffjr wrote:
Mark Simon
@MarkASimonSays
Todd Frazier's 10.8 bWAR over the last 3 seasons ranks 9th among those whose primary position was 3B

Admittedly trending down, but he's been a 3.4 WAR player each of the last 2 seasons

Remember when naysayers were thinking Reyes would be starting....yeah about that...


He will—as soon as they realize A Gone and A wful and Frazier shifts to 1st.

Usually they do this around mid May IIRC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 6684
Daaaarryyl wrote:
AllWrightNow wrote:
But it just gets eyerolling seeing Sandy continually go after the same type of hitter over and over again like every guy in the lineup has to be a lumbering 20-25 HR guy with decent OB, a low BA and high K rate.



He's not a good OB guy though.


Or even decent.


Career wise or over the past 2-3 years.


Well last year he was okay considering how bad the BA was but I was reading his card wrong and thought the 2017 total and Yankee stats were two different years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8341
And emphasizing OBP was supposed to be the thing we would latch onto with Sandy "Moneyball Godfather" at the head and we've done nothing other than adding Grandy (who had a "decent OBP") the past, what 7 years??

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:42 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Prospect

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:22 am
Posts: 270
Location: Corona, NY
nyfuturestars10978 wrote:
Now go get Lance Lynn. :-D


Yes they need to go get an innings eater. deGrom, Thor and Lynn would be a nice 1-3 and make us a legitimate playoff contender.

_________________
To err is human. To forgive is a Mets fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8341
Don't hate the move but it bothers me that the "plan" isn't to construct a nucleus or having a plan as to what zigs and zags fit your hopeful championship puzzle.


But rather you're building mainly with who will play for X amount so that it fits the budget.


That's not really building/adding to actually win IMO.

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BastardsonofMr.Met, Google [Bot], MarkJohnson>You, MaxV, MookieWouldaBeatIt, piazzafan, Spacetraveler and 112 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists