MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:48 pm 
MVP

Asbury Mark wrote:
nyfuturestars10978 wrote:
Now go get Lance Lynn. :-D

Yes they need to go get an innings eater. deGrom, Thor and Lynn would be a nice 1-3 and make us a legitimate playoff contender.

You don't give up the 44th overall pick for Lance Lynn. Especially when you have the 27th ranked farm system. Lynn's peripheral stats from last year say who ever signs him is going to wish they hadn't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:51 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

IOW:

Q: What are you looking for this off-season: athleticism, power arms, versatility?

A: Whoever wants to play for what we can afford.

So depressing.

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:

"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:58 pm 
All Star

Frazier walked a lot last year, has good pop, and plays solid defense at 3B (and can play 1B in a platoon with a LHB).

He's a good signing.

He's not a sexy signing, but he gives the Mets four legit power bats once Conforto is healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:21 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Awesome signing! Good defense, good power. Pushes Reyes and Flores to the bench, which is now a strength.

Now Cobb, Watson and Lucroy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:27 pm 
MVP

thebull wrote:
Awesome signing! Good defense, good power. Pushes Reyes and Flores to the bench, which is now a strength.

If you sign Lucroy you have to be willing to cut D'arnaud or Plawecki since they are out of options and D'arnaud has realistically no trade value and Plaw has very little trade value.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:35 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

Cut plawecki and sign a real catcher.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:36 pm 
Manager

This is good. I think I like 2/17 for Frazier maybe even better than 3/38 for Cozart.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:47 pm 
Legend of NYFS

piazzafan wrote:
thebull wrote:

If you sign Lucroy you have to be willing to cut D'arnaud or Plawecki since they are out of options and D'arnaud has realistically no trade value and Plaw has very little trade value.

d'Arnaud has an option. He's arb, so he's got a guaranteed salary but he's got an option.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:48 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metsfan980 wrote:
Frazier walked a lot last year, has good pop, and plays solid defense at 3B (and can play 1B in a platoon with a LHB).

He's a good signing.

He's not a sexy signing, but he gives the Mets four legit power bats once Conforto is healthy.

That's my feeling too, and it's a good price. I like this signing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:01 am 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Nimmo/Lagares
Cabrera
Cespedes
Bruce
Frazier
AGon
Plaw/TdA
Rosario

I honestly don't care about winning or losing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:01 am 
Legend of NYFS

piazzafan wrote:
thebull wrote:

Cut Plawecki. No loss.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:03 am 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
Ugh so predictable

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13  Next