MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mets sign the Toddfather
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:07 am 
Legend of NYFS

MetGirl5 wrote:
Ugh so predictable

What's wrong with Frazier? Immediate upgrade for the team. Has been a 3-ish win player the past couple of seasons (and even better prior). And signed for his age 32 and 33 seasons.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:17 am 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
thebull wrote:
MetGirl5 wrote:
Ugh so predictable

What's wrong with Frazier? Immediate upgrade for the team. Has been a 3-ish win player the past couple of seasons (and even better prior). And signed for his age 32 and 33 seasons.

I'm just sick of hearing about the guy.

And he's another low OBP guy to add to the collection.

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:31 am 
Legend of NYFS

Mous either back to KC or more likely to the Braves. I know Boras won't let the price drop too far but the fit is too good for the Braves not to jump in. No way they could walk away over the 2nd round pick given how deep their system is right now. I wonder what he's going to sign for.

I still think he was the better fit in this lineup. I think they needed a guy who swings the bat and puts the ball in play. That said, Frazier certainly runs better than Mous.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:35 am 
NYFS Staff

Not a terrible move. What's nice is he actually plays 3B rather than the square peg round hole approach the Mets have putting out there the past few years. I could see, once Conforto is healthy, something like:

Conforto L. CF
Frazier R. 3B
Bruce L. RF
Cespedes R. LF
Gonzo L. 1B
d'Arnaud R. C
Cabrera S. 2B
Rosario R. SS

Solid corner IF defense from 2 vets.

Bench:

Reyes 3B, SS, 2B
Lagares OF
Nimmo OF
Plawecki C
Flores 1B, 2B, 3B

Dom Smith, Gavin Cecchini, at AAA. T.J Rivera and David Wright on DL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:09 am 
Legend of NYFS

I'm underwhelmed, but this should have been your 1st move of the winter. Then you replace Cabrera, Reyes, and Gonzalez with 1 actual good player.

Now you've got about 4 guys on the roster who can score from 2nd base on a single.

It's going to be like watching paint dry.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:06 am 
NYFS Hall of Famer

Great value sign at a clear need position. .344 OBP last year so he’s not a bad on base guy. Plus he adds a lot to the clubhouse which we were going to miss w/Grandy gone.

Moustakas is gong to be paid a lot more for a worse OBP, worse speed, worse power, and worse defense.

I don’t see where the complaints are coming from. I don’t want to hear that he’s just like every other signing either, especially considering this FO’s biggest FA deal (Cespedes) doesn’t fit the narrative.

An upgrade is an upgrade no matter if he’s good at hitting HR, hitting singles, or stealing bases.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:53 am 
MVP

I like the signing of Todd Frazier a lot, especially since I once resided in Toms River NJ.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:23 am 
MVP

A-Gone is released by May. Smith isn't dominating AAA the way the Mets' brass wants. What will the Mets do?

Only one option left at that point...

Get the gang back together. Trade for Votto.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:59 am 
Blue Chipper

thebull wrote:
MetGirl5 wrote:
Ugh so predictable

Nothing. It’s a terrific signing. Fact.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 am 
Rookie

It's an OK signing. They're better than they were yesterday and they aren't committed to him long-term. I would have preferred Nunez, but I am OK with this.

It potentially gives the lineup a nice mix of vets and youngsters, and when/if Conforto returns they can go left-right-left-right in the middle of the order. The bench actually looks good for a change.

Now, add an arm.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 am 
General Manager

They improved the team. They got a real 3B. A win is a win no matter how you get it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:52 am 
Legend of NYFS

In response to complaints about this being predictable, I'd like to know what the exciting and unpredictable move was at third. Moustakas may not have been predictable but the output would have been equally boring.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 13  Next