MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: T Minus ? Countdown to Cespedes implosion has begun
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:58 pm 
Rookie

dragonfly wrote:
Say hello to the latest NYFS Dumpster Fire thread. My goodness :lol:

Do you think the fact this place is so unfriendly to new-ish posters has anything to do with the fact there are like 11 people left here?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:22 pm 
Legend of NYFS

SergioTheLittleMan wrote:
dragonfly wrote:

Do you think the fact this place is so unfriendly to new-ish posters has anything to do with the fact there are like 11 people left here?

I actually don't.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:35 pm 
Rookie

HeyNowHK wrote:
dragonfly wrote:

I actually don't.

Probably cause you don't look at how many low post count or new posters are treated here. Generally, the 1000 posts / day posters can't deign to respond to them. Certainly they are never warmly welcomed. I'm not just referring to me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:45 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:

I actually don't.

Probably cause you don't look at how many low post count or new posters are treated here. Generally, the 1000 posts / day posters can't deign to respond to them. Certainly they are never warmly welcomed. I'm not just referring to me.

I would focus more on the content being the issue than the familiarity of the poster, if you really wanted to be intellectually honest.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:56 pm 
Rookie

HeyNowHK wrote:
I would focus more on the content being the issue than the familiarity of the poster, if you really wanted to be intellectually honest.

It seems pretty clear from our convo today that you don't know what "intellectually honest" means if I'm being non-intellectually honest.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:10 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:

It seems pretty clear from our convo today that you don't know what "intellectually honest" means if I'm being non-intellectually honest.

If you insist. But rather than go off on that tangent, I really think it's a matter of content.

But since the subject came up, it does seem like "intellectual honesty" gives some people the cover to say anything or offend anyone in the world at large. It's like the current anti-PC movement where it's just 'hey I'm just being open about how I feel' is valued more than the actual content of the ideas. But I digress.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:27 pm 
NYFS Staff

Nothing good can come from this. Lets all try to be excited for a week or so before the arguments start.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8