MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: IGT: Syndergaard at Verlander 2/26/18
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:14 am 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Genmet wrote:
Usually when a player like Justin Turner or Jose Bautista say they revamped their swing they are talking about timing. I imagine the same is true for Checcini. Does the timing mechanism of his stride leg and foot strike look any different?

He went through the changes on an NJ.com article. I think a lot of it had to do with his load and the width of his stance? He also said he closed himself off (I was thinking ala Stanton), but his stance is clearly still open in that video.

In the end - results will govern the narrative. If he hits this year, it'll be because of mechanics overhauls. If he doesn't, it'll be forgotten (ala TdA's supposed "fix-alls" last spring ala the "bat wrap").

How can TdA fix his swing when he doesn't have a consistent swing?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:02 pm 
NYFS Staff

dragonfly wrote:
Cecchini's swing looks exactly the same to me. Ugly as ever.

I'll take a homer and double in 2 AB though.

Has always worked for Hunter Pence...in his heyday, anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:19 pm 
Legend of NYFS

One of the articles said he put on 15 lbs of muscle this off-season. Does he look bigger?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:21 pm 
Legend of NYFS

LTKfRGM wrote:
One of the articles said he put on 15 lbs of muscle this off-season. Does he look bigger?

He was never little despite the perception of some.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:23 pm 
Fan Favorite

LTKfRGM wrote:

He does look bigger, but most of that weight might be in his beard.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:19 pm 
MVP

My observations:

Despite mixed results, I like Drew Smith. I like Bashlor even more....Callahan and Rhame also have some pretty good stuff. I think we have some nearly-readys in all four. Just have to get past Robles and Montero.

Peter Alonso appears to be better defensively than Dick Stuart and Marvelous Marv....

Thor really looks like Thor....

Zach Borenstein is going to be called the "Vegas Monster" by the end of June. Wonder who will have more home runs....Borenstein or AJ Griffin~`

The ump's need some ST too....

The Astros broadcasting team was 98% Astros. It was tough at times to know who was batting for the Mets.

Looking forward to seeing Matt Purke.