MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Syndergaard at Verlander 2/26/18
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:52 pm 
Legend of NYFS

dragonfly wrote:
Robles is what he is. I honestly can't even remember him getting good press to be honest, although I am out of the loop with the press. I figured I would have remembered seeing it posted here.

Guy should not be guaranteed a job though. Anyone watching to report on Callahan and Rhame?

It's ok bc I sense that even if they did move on from Robles this year, that Rhame will be there to replace him...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:59 pm 
NYFS Staff

Metro2007 wrote:
"Dan will love to hear Alfonso dropped an easy one for a run. Won’t be scored an error since it’s soring, but very very sloppy. Looked awful between one inning scooping short hops. The good with the bad.
Then roped a laser beam as hard as a human can hit a ball. Loud out."-verbatim

Oh ok, didn't realize we were grading his between innings warm up routine. I have no idea when he "dropped an easy one for a run" - I am assuming it occurred on the play when Reddick scored from second on an infield hit but I don't recall Alonso dropping anything. I'll have to check the replay.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:01 pm 
NYFS Staff

Cecchini pulls a double into the LF corner with 1 out in the 9th. After Guillorme rolled over, Sluggin' David Thompson gets plunked in the lower leg with a curve. He was NOT pleased. Wanted a chance to drive in the tying run.

Instead Ian Strom will bat with 2 outs and runners on the corner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:02 pm 
Legend of NYFS

sluger11787 wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
"Dan will love to hear Alfonso dropped an easy one for a run. Won’t be scored an error since it’s soring, but very very sloppy. Looked awful between one inning scooping short hops. The good with the bad.
Then roped a laser beam as hard as a human can hit a ball. Loud out."-verbatim

Oh ok, didn't realize we were grading his between innings warm up routine. I have no idea when he "dropped an easy one for a run" - I am assuming it occurred on the play when Reddick scored from second on an infield hit but I don't recall Alonso dropping anything. I'll have to check the replay.

I haven't seen a single pitch. Just repeating what was said. I'm pretty vocal about not believing in Dom Smith being anything special to this guy and how I want Alonso to be passable at 1b because the bat intrigues me more.

Legend of NYFS

dragonfly wrote:
Anyone watching to report on Callahan and Rhame?

I can't, but I do like that the Mets are seemingly committed to using them in back to back innings of the same game since I sort of consider them interchangeable myself.

Legend of NYFS

sluger11787 wrote:
Cecchini pulls a double into the LF corner with 1 out in the 9th. After Guillorme rolled over, Sluggin' David Thompson gets plunked in the lower leg with a curve. He was NOT pleased. Wanted a chance to drive in the tying run.

New swing... back on the radar? Maybe? It's not like 2b couldn't use someone emerging.

NYFS Staff

And now Strom gets plunked in the leg with another curve. He wisely did not attempt to get out of the way.

Bags juiced for Jeremy Vasquez.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:03 pm 
Legend of NYFS

sluger11787 wrote:

Strom also gets plunked (took one for the team?) leaving it up to Appy League stud Jeremy Vasquez!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:05 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
sluger11787 wrote:

New swing... back on the radar? Maybe? It's not like 2b couldn't use someone emerging.

Check the video yourself (his HR is available off Gameday), but it...looks like the exact same swing lol? I'm no scout of course.

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/mets-vs-ast ... ame=533836

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:05 pm 
Legend of NYFS

sluger11787 wrote:

This is after his HR earlier...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:06 pm 
NYFS Staff

Vasquez whiffs on a 2-2 breaking ball. Astros win 8-7.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:08 pm 
Manager

Cecchini's swing looks exactly the same to me. Ugly as ever.

I'll take a homer and double in 2 AB though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next