MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mets v Tigers 3/5/18
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:07 pm 
NYFS Staff

Rhame sitting 97.

~Jack Burton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:09 pm 
NYFS Staff

yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
I wouldn't worry about the lineup, yet, which hasn't played a single full game together (or close to it).

Just was going to say

No Cespedes
No Bruce
No Frazier
No Rosario
No Conforto

I'd have zero confidence if this was our lineup. But watching this group scuffle today isn't much of a referendum as to what the lineup will or won't do during the regular season, IMO.

~Jack Burton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:13 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jpkmets wrote:
Rhame sitting 97.

Are they straight and hitable, or good movement?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:15 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
thebull wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Twitter confirmed 27/21 (better than I thought) and 2 whiffs (I must've missed one). Still...mehhhh.

Just doesn't look any different from that guy who fooled absolutely nobody last year. Guys used to wave at the slider, and be late on the fastball. Doesn't happen anymore. He's pitching to contact and we just don't have any evidence he can be effective doing that over the long term.

I think we can all agree the old Harvey is gone. Have to hope he can become an average to above average starter with his diminished stuff. Similar to Sabathia, or Mets-years Pedro.

There were very different versions of this.

Pedro through 2006 still got whiffs like whoa and was excellent.

2008 Pedro pitched to contact and was pretty awful.

Let's call it 2009 Phillies Pedro then!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:22 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jpkmets wrote:
I wouldn't worry about the lineup, yet, which hasn't played a single full game together (or close to it).

Just was going to say

No Cespedes
No Bruce
No Frazier
No Rosario
No Conforto

I'd have zero confidence if this was our lineup. But watching this group scuffle today isn't much of a referendum as to what the lineup will or won't do during the regular season, IMO.

And no ACab. I know. But I they haven't hit all Spring thus far. Cheech and Nimmo the only guys looking ready to go after 12 games.

And not having Scooter is going to be a pretty big deal unless Nimmo stays hot into the reg season. Still, the lineup does not instill a lot of faith at this stage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:23 pm 
NYFS Staff

The Passion plates two with a booming double!

~Jack Burton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:31 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
jpkmets wrote:

Just was going to say

No Cespedes
No Bruce
No Frazier
No Rosario
No Conforto

And no ACab. I know. But I they haven't hit all Spring thus far. Cheech and Nimmo the only guys looking ready to go after 12 games.

And not having Scooter is going to be a pretty big deal unless Nimmo stays hot into the reg season. Still, the lineup does not instill a lot of faith at this stage.

What does the established guys not hitting this spring matter though? The middle of our order is Cespedes - Bruce - Frazier and I don't think there's been anything we've seen that should make us worry about them.

The only one I'd be concerned about is A-Gone and I wish we'd jumped on Duda for the 1-year deal.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:37 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:

I haven't checked the stats, but I heard that Plaw was having a good spring too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:41 pm 
NYFS Staff

Tebow is a LOOGY's dream date.

~Jack Burton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:41 pm 
NYFS Staff

nice AB for Guillorme -- went the other way from the LH and served it into left field.

~Jack Burton

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:55 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I can't believe Terry left the kid out there to throw 40 pitches in March!!

#FireTerry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:57 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Rhame the only one really impressing with velo today.

I think I saw a Ramos FB clocked at 87, though he was mostly 90/91. Still, starting to worry about him a bit. Sewald was all 88-89.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next