Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:25 am

https://nypost.com/2018/04/13/kevin-pla ... in-trouble

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 am

Guess the xray wasn't really negative...

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 am

Deep poo. Let's be honest though, those guys weren't giving the Mets anything offensively so far and I don't think many expected them to.

Nice opportunity to make a deal for Realmuto though. Who do you have to give up?

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 am

Nimmo for Realmuto?

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:28 am

The good news is this should get Rosario out of the 9 hole.


8)

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 am

[quote="HeyNowHK"]Nimmo for Realmuto?[/quote]

Honestly might consider something like that. Hate to deal Nimmo but what's he worth is he's in AAA or riding the bench?

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:29 am

HeyNowHK wrote:Nimmo for Realmuto?


:cry:

I think the team should bring in a veteran like Montero first. Panicking and giving up a lot for a very good catcher might be foolish.

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:31 am

Very strange. Jose Lobaton played the entire game for Vegas yesterday afternoon, so the Mets obviously still didn't have an indication that his hand was broken as of that time.

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:31 am

Metsfan980 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:Nimmo for Realmuto?


:cry:

I think the team should bring in a veteran like Montero first. Panicking and giving up a lot for a very good catcher might be foolish.


note the bold.

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:32 am

sluger11787 wrote:Very strange. Jose Lobaton played the entire game for Vegas yesterday afternoon, so the Mets obviously still didn't have an indication that his hand was broken as of that time.

I guess he didn't see the same hand specialist that Nimmo did a day earlier...

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:35 am

HeyNowHK wrote:
sluger11787 wrote:Very strange. Jose Lobaton played the entire game for Vegas yesterday afternoon, so the Mets obviously still didn't have an indication that his hand was broken as of that time.

I guess he didn't see the same hand specialist that Nimmo did a day earlier...


Or they sent the wrong guy to the hand specialist? #-o

Re: Kevin Plawecki's hand is broken; Lobaton joining Mets

Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:38 am

HeyNowHK wrote:
Metsfan980 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:Nimmo for Realmuto?


:cry:

I think the team should bring in a veteran like Montero first. Panicking and giving up a lot for a very good catcher might be foolish.


note the bold.


I'm not going to deny that picking up Realmuto would be a big addition, but do the Mets really need that? Or would it be smarter for them to hold on to chips (especially Nimmo) and bring in veterans that can get the job done?
Post a reply