MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: IGT 4/15 Brewers at Mets
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:42 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I'd like to see what Wilmer could do with everyday ABs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:44 pm 
General Manager

LTKfRGM wrote:
I'd like to see what Wilmer could do with everyday ABs.

Unfortunately his glove has prevented that.

But the kid can hit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:48 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

Wilmer is a met for life....he’s like Ed Kranepool

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:44 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
Tim Healey

@timbhealey
Noah Syndergaard: "Nido and I, I think I can speak for both of us, we just had a lot of fun out there. I look forward to throwing to him many more times."

Wow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:48 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Didn't see the game so not totally sure how the Bruce PHing appearance unfolded, but Mick has some convoluted explanation involving not wanting Bruce or ACab to play in the field today on their "off day." Seems arbitrarily rigid to draw the line on that. Didn't Yo talk himself into several games when he was really sick?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:58 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
Didn't see the game so not totally sure how the Bruce PHing appearance unfolded, but Mick has some convoluted explanation involving now wanting Bruce or ACab to play in the field today on their "off day." Seems arbitrarily rigid to draw the line on that. Didn't Yo talk himself into several games when he was really sick?

That explanation also makes no sense. The issue is that he pinch hit for Nido with Noah up next, then let Noah hit. Which basically meant he was banking on his starter getting two hits in a day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:00 pm 
Rookie

Is it crazy to think that Nimmo could have a better all around season than Bruce? If he developed some pop in his bat, he might be one of our better players.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:04 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Laxin wrote:
Is it crazy to think that Nimmo could have a better all around season than Bruce? If he developed some pop in his bat, he might be one of our better players.

I know that depth is a good thing, but if Nimmo's a starting level OF, which he might be, our OF situation is pretty messed up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:05 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Laxin wrote:

It's not crazy at all. He doesn't need 25+ HR power to be a very effective player.

The funny thing is that the Mets will be looking to trade Bruce a year from now for the 2nd time. And they'll prob find the market as weak for him as it was the first time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:15 pm 
NYFS Staff

That was a huge home run from Flores. The Mets were in no position to play an extra-inning ballgame, especially with the Nats coming in tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:26 pm 
General Manager

LTKfRGM wrote:
Laxin wrote:

I know that depth is a good thing, but if Nimmo's a starting level OF, which he might be, our OF situation is pretty messed up.

You won't be saying that when someone goes down for a bit and we still have a MLB level player to plug in. Good teams have good depth.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:30 pm 
NYFS Staff

Probably the move soon will be Bruce to first. You have to think Nimmo is a better bet to produce than AGone at this point.

Nimmo
Conforto
Cespedes
Bruce
Frazier
AsCab
Rosario
Nido/Lobaton/Plaw

It's a longer lineup in places where each batter probably should be.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next