MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 4/17/2018- Fermin keeps mashing
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:53 am 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
Also regarding Fermin, it doesn't sound like he's particularly toolsy so yet another guy who will be comped to Ruben the Great lol

I know he’s young but that’s not a strikeout rate that plays for a guy without a ton of tools.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:56 am 
Legend of NYFS

northway wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Also regarding Fermin, it doesn't sound like he's particularly toolsy so yet another guy who will be comped to Ruben the Great lol

I know he’s young but that’s not a strikeout rate that plays for a guy without a ton of tools.

Not that I disagree but his age is significant here (at least in terms of "defending" him) he's 20 next month. Average age of the position players on that team is 22.2 (which includes him pulling it down).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:58 am 
Legend of NYFS

northway wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

Easy there. It's 9 games. It's way over the K rate he's had to this point. He's one of the youngest kids in full season ball. He's adjusting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:44 am 
NYFS Staff

Some definite fun stuff in the MiLs...Kay's health, Dunn, Bautista, Fermin, Dom getting a good start, Crismatt and David Thompson showing a bit to start.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:03 am 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
Some definite fun stuff in the MiLs...Kay's health, Dunn, Bautista, Fermin, Dom getting a good start, Crismatt and David Thompson showing a bit to start.

Thompson has yet to homer and has a .440 BABIP. An .820 OPS for a 3b in LV doesn't impress me very much with 2 walks vs. 9 k's over 34 ab's.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:11 am 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Same guy confirms the buzz on James. Says he has some of the highest upside of any prospect in the organization.

Is he in XST?

Yes.

Speaking of James, what do we make of his K'Port teammate from '17, Carlos Hernandez? One of the league leaders in Ks and IP a yr ago. Now in the Cola pen. Has faced 14 batters and allowed just 1 single and a walk while K'ing 7. I understand 23, but he's a watch I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:12 am 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:

Thompson has yet to homer and has a .440 BABIP. An .820 OPS for a 3b in LV doesn't impress me very much with 2 walks vs. 9 k's over 34 ab's.

Swings out of his cleats. You would think he's a big power guy from seeing him hit.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:15 am 
Legend of NYFS

I'd be lying if I said I knew much about Hernandez but he's very tiny and had trouble with walks last year without a particularly impressive K-rate. Maybe he's worth monitoring but given the fact even the deep dive Mets prospect lists (MMO etc) don't even mention him I doubt he's all that intriguing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:45 am 
Everyday Player

Metro2007 wrote:
Same guy confirms the buzz on James. Says he has some of the highest upside of any prospect in the organization.

Christian James?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:50 am 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
I'd be lying if I said I knew much about Hernandez but he's very tiny and had trouble with walks last year without a particularly impressive K-rate. Maybe he's worth monitoring but given the fact even the deep dive Mets prospect lists (MMO etc) don't even mention him I doubt he's all that intriguing.

But now in the pen. And don't be a doubter.

Is there a category for deep deep sleeper? :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:51 am 
Legend of NYFS

nocedog wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

Christian James?

Yeah he's apparently been the talk of XST

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:17 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:

He's not a big prospect but I think he's a guy who could surprise. There are worse players to have ready to fill in at Triple-A.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next