MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What would a Realmuto deal look like?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:27 am 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

I'm curious what people think a Mets/Realmuto trade would look like if it happened asap - only using minor leaguers.

I honestly don't care about winning or losing.

Post subject: Re: What would a Realmuto look like?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:43 am 
Legend of NYFS

Ralf wrote:
I'm curious what people think a Mets/Realmuto trade would look like if it happened asap - only using minor leaguers.

Gimenez + Alonso and a lottery ticket type

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:49 am 
Legend of NYFS

I wouldn't go any higher than Alonso plus an arm or 2.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:54 am 
Legend of NYFS

Honestly don't know what the Marlins system looks like, and while Gimenez is our "#1 prospect", I'm not sure he's a guy low market rebuilds get excited over. The upside is sort of capped, and aren't you more inclined to swing for the fences?

Probably Nido to replace Realmuto, 2 of our better arms (Kay, Peterson, Dunn, Oswalt, Flexen, etc etc.) and then maybe Alonso? But that would mean they have Bour next up on the block.

Its a tough fit for only minor leaguers. I think its more likely to get done with like a Nimmo/Gsellman/Dunn or something like that. Controlled major leaguers and then a lottery ticket in the lower level.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:55 am 
Legend of NYFS

I wouldn't expect them to entertain anything like this. I'm pretty anxious to see what Plaw does with the opportunity he's going to get.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:00 am 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Honestly don't know what the Marlins system looks like, and while Gimenez is our "#1 prospect", I'm not sure he's a guy low market rebuilds get excited over. The upside is sort of capped, and aren't you more inclined to swing for the fences?

Probably Nido to replace Realmuto, 2 of our better arms (Kay, Peterson, Dunn, Oswalt, Flexen, etc etc.) and then maybe Alonso? But that would mean they have Bour next up on the block.

Its a tough fit for only minor leaguers. I think its more likely to get done with like a Nimmo/Gsellman/Dunn or something like that. Controlled major leaguers and then a lottery ticket in the lower level.

You really think the Mets are going to gut their thin farm system when their starting C is going to return in 2 weeks and they are 13-5? I don't see anything like this happening from our uber conservative FO.

Fast fwd to July and Plaw has reverted to bad habits and the team is still very much in playoff mode, that's when you would expect a deal like this. But you would also think the Marlins are going to wait to get teams like the Brewers, Snakes and Halos involved in the pursuit.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:11 am 
Blue Chipper

R Nitelight wrote:
I wouldn't go any higher than Alonso plus an arm or 2.

8)

I think that's where I am as well. Certainly wouldn't give up Amed even though I know that's what they want.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:21 am 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

You really think the Mets are going to gut their thin farm system when their starting C is going to return in 2 weeks and they are 13-5? I don't see anything like this happening from our uber conservative FO.

Fast fwd to July and Plaw has reverted to bad habits and the team is still very much in playoff mode, that's when you would expect a deal like this. But you would also think the Marlins are going to wait to get teams like the Brewers, Snakes and Halos involved in the pursuit.

I don't think the ask was what we thought the Mets would offer. I think it was what would you need to offer to get it done now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:53 am 
Legend of NYFS

Of course there is no expectation of the Mets becoming big traders, but they are barreling toward a logjam at 1B with the 2 biggest bat prospects (never mind Dom is no longer officially a prospect) are immovably at 1B. With Alonso's now fast ascent into prospect notice and neither guy realistically a candidate to move off of 1B, one of them is going to inevitably need to be cashed in for something.

If Alonso continues to mash thru the EL, one would logically think he's going to move ahead of Dom in the org hierarchy since Sandy loves the longball and Dom is more of a gap to gap guy. I think power is likely the separator with defense and weight issues looking like a challenge for both guys.

Spitballing on how the Mets would use Dom in a trade..? Not sure the fit for a 1Bman in Miami as mentioned somewhere above. It's not likely the Marlins trade Bour (3.5 control yrs) to open up 1B for Dom Smith. Danny Duffy? Dom, Dunn & Wheeler? Duffy has 3/45M remaining. Mets rotation of Noah, deGrom and 3 LHers? I think I like that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:54 am 

Interesting thoughts. I was thinking:

Domo, Vientos, Nido and a lottery ticket arm

I honestly don't care about winning or losing.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:39 am 

Ralf wrote:
Interesting thoughts. I was thinking:

Domo, Vientos, Nido and a lottery ticket arm

That is probably where I am at as well.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:44 am 
Franchise Player

How about this!?

Grandal for Harvey ($), Nido, Domo, Dunn, Bashlor