MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mets Minors 4/26/2018- Alonso The Giant
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:05 am 
Legend of NYFS

Metsfan980 wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
AAA Gagnon
A+ GonzalezD
A TBD

AAA
Cecchini 2-5, 2b
Smith 1-4
Evans 2-4
Thompson 0-3, 3 k's (he's been awful. 18 k's over 60 ab's, yet to homer)
Guillorme 0-1, BB, K
Conlon 6.2 innings 6 hits 0 runs 2 walks 3 k's
Smith 1.2 innings 1 hit 0 runs 0 walks 2 k's

AA

Alonso 2-3, HR, 2 BB (Dom ,the footsteps are getting louder)
Tebow 1-3, BB, K
Crismatt 6 innings 3 hits 1 run 1 walk 6 k's
McGeorge 1.1 innings 4 hits 1 run 0 walks 2 k's
Bashlor 0.2 innings 1 hit 1 run 2 walks 1 k (Eyewitness says Bashlor has not looked "the same" this season, hurt? Something to follow)

A+
Zanon 1-5, 2b K
Carpio 0-5, 4 k's (hot start... horrendous since then)
Lindsay 0-4, 3 k's (Looks like a bust to me, just not a very good player)
Strom 0-2, 2 BB

A
Fermin 1-5
Tiberi 2-5, 2b, 2 k's
Winaker 1-5, 2 k's
Brodey 2-5, 2b, 3b, 2 k's
Manea 0-3, BB, K
Sanchez 1-5, K
Vasquez 2-3, HR, 3b, BB, K (Huge start to his season)

viewtopic.php?p=1419632#p1419632

:twisted:

Cool! You still hear/see resistance to Alonso as a upper tier prospect bc of this silly bias. He's doing his best to change that perception tho.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 am 
Legend of NYFS

Dog wrote:
As each day passes, it's looking more and more like Gonzo's tenure on the big club is coming to a close. If and when Gonzo gets released, would the Mets move Alonso up to the big club over Smith if he continues to rake, even with Alonso a level below Smith?

:lol:

I imagine we'll see these every day.

But actually to the question (and it came up in the other thread yesterday), Peter Alonso has played in 28 games above A+. The Mets aren't going to call him up any time soon and prob not at all this season. For comparison sake, Rhys Hoskins played 150 games in the minors above A+.

And Dom Smith? Was awful last year and is K'ing almost 30% of his PAs in Vegas so far. I wouldn't suggest that either of those are realistically better solutions than the platoon currently in place.

I was a proponent of even giving ACab some PT over at 1B (before they signed AG). And of course, I would expect the same regression to his norm (going to other way) for ACab as I do for AGone. Cabby's early results are way ahead of where he's likely to end up. However I am still mildly bullish on him as a bat and his negative (defense) playing up the middle is mitigated in one of the corners.

The problem with moving ACab to 1B (if AG were to fail miserably) is that Flo at 2B would be worse defensively than AC. If Guillorme were ever to get righted, it might be interesting to see him there for a bit. Otoh, maybe a guy like Gennett would be a fit.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:10 am 
All Star

HeyNowHK wrote:
Metsfan980 wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
AAA Gagnon
A+ GonzalezD
A TBD

AAA
Cecchini 2-5, 2b
Smith 1-4
Evans 2-4
Thompson 0-3, 3 k's (he's been awful. 18 k's over 60 ab's, yet to homer)
Guillorme 0-1, BB, K
Conlon 6.2 innings 6 hits 0 runs 2 walks 3 k's
Smith 1.2 innings 1 hit 0 runs 0 walks 2 k's

AA

Alonso 2-3, HR, 2 BB (Dom ,the footsteps are getting louder)
Tebow 1-3, BB, K
Crismatt 6 innings 3 hits 1 run 1 walk 6 k's
McGeorge 1.1 innings 4 hits 1 run 0 walks 2 k's
Bashlor 0.2 innings 1 hit 1 run 2 walks 1 k (Eyewitness says Bashlor has not looked "the same" this season, hurt? Something to follow)

A+
Zanon 1-5, 2b K
Carpio 0-5, 4 k's (hot start... horrendous since then)
Lindsay 0-4, 3 k's (Looks like a bust to me, just not a very good player)
Strom 0-2, 2 BB

A
Fermin 1-5
Tiberi 2-5, 2b, 2 k's
Winaker 1-5, 2 k's
Brodey 2-5, 2b, 3b, 2 k's
Manea 0-3, BB, K
Sanchez 1-5, K
Vasquez 2-3, HR, 3b, BB, K (Huge start to his season)

viewtopic.php?p=1419632#p1419632

:twisted:

Cool! You still hear/see resistance to Alonso as a upper tier prospect bc of this silly bias. He's doing his best to change that perception tho.

If he can mash his way to the majors, then I expect he'll get coaching help in the field.

Ultimately, I don't care what other 1B do offensively, so long as the Mets can develop or acquire one that hits enough for them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:15 am 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
Dog wrote:
As each day passes, it's looking more and more like Gonzo's tenure on the big club is coming to a close. If and when Gonzo gets released, would the Mets move Alonso up to the big club over Smith if he continues to rake, even with Alonso a level below Smith?

:lol:

I imagine we'll see these every day.

If he still has a sub-.700 OPS in a month then I really won't care what his exit velocity is.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:49 am 
Legend of NYFS

Metsfan980 wrote:
If he can mash his way to the majors, then I expect he'll get coaching help in the field.

His defense won't be an issue assuming we're getting a glimpse of how his bat will eventually play.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:26 pm 
All Star

HeyNowHK wrote:
Metsfan980 wrote:

His defense won't be an issue assuming we're getting a glimpse of how his bat will eventually play.

I'm looking forward to the eventaul WFAN caller:

"I don't care if he has a 1.1 OPS, the guy's killing us with his range at first. Guillorme isn't going to keep running everything down!"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:33 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metsfan980 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Metsfan980 wrote:

"I don't care if he has a 1.1 OPS, the guy's killing us with his range at first. Guillorme isn't going to keep running everything down!"

What is the realistic floor for his defense? Wilmer Flores?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:37 pm 
Rookie

HeyNowHK wrote:

DH in AL.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:48 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MaxV wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:

DH in AL.

Isn't that the same thing as Wilmer Flores?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:55 pm 
Legend of NYFS

northway wrote:
MaxV wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:

DH in AL.

Isn't that the same thing as Wilmer Flores?

This is my point. No one is up in arms about Flo playing 1B and Alonso looks to have a much bigger stick if it comes together.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:57 pm 
Rookie

Wilmer plays 1b on special occasions, Alonso’s stick gives him everyday potential.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:26 pm 
All Star

HeyNowHK wrote:
Metsfan980 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:

Not very good. He's a big guy that looks like he'll get even bigger as he matures. He doesn't have the best range, and, from what I've seen, he's not going to make up for it with a good first step.

He's got the making of your typical big slugger 1B that will catch throws at 1B and can learn how to scoop to help you out. So maybe Lucas Duda?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next