Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

5/9 Getaway day in Cinci

Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 am

Nimmo CF
Flores 3B
Cabrera 2B
Bruce RF
Gonzalez 1B
Mesoraco C
Conforto LF
Wheeler RHP
Rosario SS

I assume Nido got optioned and Guillorme officially recalled..?

Re: 5/9 Getaway day in Cinci

Wed May 09, 2018 10:26 am

HeyNowHK wrote:I assume Nido got optioned and Guillorme officially recalled..?

Yes

Wed May 09, 2018 10:38 am

What a strange lineup. Probably good to give Ces a day before the off day. Odd that Conforto is hitting in front of the pitcher, though he is good at taking pitches.

Is there a pitcher in the house to take Robles' spot?

Wed May 09, 2018 10:38 am

So Robles is in NY getting an MRI, but hasn't yet been DL'ed.

Even if the MRI comes back and says "WOW this is the best looking knee I've ever seen!!", why wouldn't you replace him?

Wed May 09, 2018 10:39 am

I concur with MJ. He blew it again last night. Option him.

Wed May 09, 2018 10:40 am

@timbhealey
Yoenis Cespedes has been playing hurt, Mickey Callaway said. His right *QUAD issue has affected mobility and cost the Mets on defense the past couple of days.

Mike Puma @NYPost_Mets
1m
Mets are encouraged that Kevin Plawecki's grip strength in his broken left hand has doubled in recent days. But still no timetable for his return.

Awesome that Conforto is providing protection to get Mesoraco jump-started from his 2015 stall.

Wed May 09, 2018 10:41 am

yalikeMetroplitans wrote:I concur with MJ. He blew it again last night. DFA him.

FIFY

Wed May 09, 2018 10:42 am

BTW, Nats quietly jumped the Mets into 3rd... they've won 9 of 10.

Wed May 09, 2018 10:54 am

The whole treatment of Robles this year has been baffling.

First, he goes from a guaranteed spot and winter puff pieces (for like the 3rd straight year after we failed to address RHRP) to the minors. Good.

Then he gets immediately recalled and put into a setup role. Uhhhh.

After a hot start, the old warts start popping up and he gets sent back down. Good for the Mets for not really believing he's not just the same guy.

Then, he gets recalled and immediately he is inserted into a tie game in the 8th inning. What in the actual hell??

Now, he's going to be unavailable at a minimum for a few days, but rather than DL him or option him or whatever, we're going to wait it out? WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Wed May 09, 2018 11:40 am

MarkJohnson>You wrote:Now, he's going to be unavailable at a minimum for a few days, but rather than DL him or option him or whatever, we're going to wait it out? WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Day game today so they couldn't get a fresh body here anyway. I would imagine they will place him on the DL before Friday's game and recall Jacob Rhame.
Post a reply