MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rest in Peace Chico
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:15 pm 
Fan Favorite

RIP Chico, one of my favorite members.

Where Are my Shades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you build from within, we will WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never underestimate the HEART OF A MAVERICK AND A CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!! It won’t matter what we do . We are the Mets it won’t work out!!!! No matter what we do, as long as we are owned by the COUPONS we will always be cursed. #CouponCurse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:46 am 
Legend of NYFS

OMG

I don't come on here as often as I used to, what with Twitter and the... other board, but still. dang :( Chico was one of the very best ones.

RIP :( Sad sad sad news to read tonight.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

matlack72 wrote:
I find this talk about Kelenic comical. He's a 19 year old kid who hit .253 at Kingsport
and struck out once a game and people are talking like he's the second coming. Get real people. When you have a chance to get the best reliever in the game who's only 24 and give up Kelenic in the deal, you MAKE that deal. Stop with the nonsense.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:58 am 
NYFS Hall of Famer

RIP Chico
Always seemed like a good guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:52 am 
Veteran Presence

RIP Chico. I always enjoyed talking baseball with you, you are missed.

Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:27 am 
All Star

A true O.G makes me think back to when I first found NYFS it was right around the Beltran signing I believe, was looking for news about where he might go anywhere I could get it and I stumbled upon this place. It’s not exactly what it once used to be, not a knock on anyone times have just changed but those memories will always be there. Shoutout JPK, Dalek, Tom74$3)4&373$;$, Spectre, A2d, Ncmetfan, Static, SFC, monsoon, reyesgirl, caseythirtyseven, I’m sure I’m forgetting a few of my favs but uapeople May he Rest In Peace as Well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:49 am 
Legend of NYFS

RIP Chico

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:26 am 
Franchise Player

Rest in Peace, Chico.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:30 am 
NYFS Staff

chinabox wrote:
jdawg is reminding us all of something that I think we know at some level to be true, but don't often recognize because of the quasi-reality of an online community like this one: each of us is real, and our relationships are real, too. NYFS has been around long enough for us to develop friendships, to see emotional growth in those we come in contact to, to feel loss when someone fades from our routine, and to feel a deep and very real sadness when we learn of a loss like what we're experiencing as a community with Chico/Tim.

We don't know why people stop posting -- there are any number of very good and understandable reasons -- and my unfortunate guess is that some familiar names are also no longer with us. NYFS has dealt with public loss of a community member before, and sadly, due to the cruelty of time and nature, we will continue to lose each other. As Kurt Vonnegut would say: And so it goes.

My instinct is to say that we'll miss "Chico," but the truth is NYFS is a world where we're a half step from reality, and we won't be missing "Chico." We'll be missing Tim, at least much as we enjoyed his very real company when he was around for the ride.

Well said, Zach.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:55 am 
Legend of NYFS

RIP. So sad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:19 am 
Veteran Presence

RIP. Really respected his knowledge here. Didn't interact with him like many of you, but he will be missed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:23 am 
Legend of NYFS

RIP.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:30 am 
Franchise Player

RIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next