MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: IGT 6/14/2018 Mets vs D'Backs Former Met vs Vargas
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:17 am 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:

8)

By tear it down, do you include deGrom and Thor. Because that is not something I would do. Is assume you don't mean Nimmo, Conforto, Rosario and Smith.

And Bruce/Cespedes are not remotely movable.

So a teardown basically means AsCab, Familia, Blevins, Wherler, Matz.[/quote]

I keep the starting rotation, I keep Cespedes, and I keep the kids.

I burn down everything else, even if it means I have to eat the money like an actual major league team and get nothing in return except the roster spot and a few lottery tickets.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:35 am 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
I’m not in favor of trading Thor or deGrom because I definitely subscribe to the “Baseball is entertainment”! Theory and I can be entertained without winning s championship (and without those 2 there’s just nothing entertaining here).

But I would wager a gentleman/ladies bet that the next good Mets team doesn’t happen until well after deGrom has signed his big FA contract elsewhere (Philly?).

I agree wholeheartedly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:03 am 
General Manager

The only guys I would keep around are Nimmo, Conforto and Rosario - low cost guys that should still be around in 3+ years when the Mets are ready to compete again. Even Conforto is debatable - I think they only have 3 years of control after this season.

You really have to cash in with deGrom and Syndergaard while you can. Those are legitimately the only 2 chips that will get you a haul in return. Or pretty much anything for that matter.

I don't think you have to worry about Cespedes because nobody is touching that contract. Mets will just have to rid that one out with him on the shelf half of the time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:49 am 
Legend of NYFS

The beautiful thing about the young duo of Dom Smith and Amed Rosario is that not only are they disappointments at the plate, but they also both can't field despite the silly "future gold glove!!!" reports you get when a kid looks good compared to a bunch of organizational dreck.

Raise your hand if you had Amed Rosario 21st in DRS and 24th in UZR/150 (among 25 qualified SS at each)???

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:16 am 
Legend of NYFS

dragonfly wrote:
The only guys I would keep around are Nimmo, Conforto and Rosario - low cost guys that should still be around in 3+ years when the Mets are ready to compete again. Even Conforto is debatable - I think they only have 3 years of control after this season.

You really have to cash in with deGrom and Syndergaard while you can. Those are legitimately the only 2 chips that will get you a haul in return. Or pretty much anything for that matter.

I don't think you have to worry about Cespedes because nobody is touching that contract. Mets will just have to rid that one out with him on the shelf half of the time.

Yep the unfortunate reality. They don't have anything else who'll return much. The timing of Familia's should soreness (and ACab's swoon and hamstring) is so typically Mets.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:19 am 
NYFS Staff

I was thinking of you MJ when Callaway pulled Robles last night despite him retiring 5 of the 6 batters he faced. As you like to say, when dealing with this rotten bullpen the more guys you go to eventually are going to find someone who isn't going to have it. And of course Blevins did not have it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:32 pm 
Legend of NYFS

sluger11787 wrote:
I was thinking of you MJ when Callaway pulled Robles last night despite him retiring 5 of the 6 batters he faced. As you like to say, when dealing with this rotten bullpen the more guys you go to eventually are going to find someone who isn't going to have it. And of course Blevins did not have it.

The funny thing was he let him face Jake Lamb, who he dispatched easily. Apparently Daniel Descalso was a task too tall, though.