MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Happy David Wright Day
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:57 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Mogriffjr wrote:
Ricco pretty much saying Wright has been crap since he started playing again.

Being out for 2 seasons, his play is to be expected. Ricco doesn't need to go any further than that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:22 pm 
All Star

It would be sad to see him back here in September and go 0-12 with 8Ks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:26 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MookieWouldaBeatIt wrote:
It would be sad to see him back here in September and go 0-12 with 8Ks

It would be worse if he went 4-12 and told everyone he'd see them in April.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:20 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Ricco shitting on Wright’s play while dismissing Alonso’s is so unbelievably on brand.

God this franchise is embarrassing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:24 pm 
Rookie

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Ricco shitting on Wright’s play while dismissing Alonso’s is so unbelievably on brand.

What did he say?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:33 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Am I the only one who doesn't care that Peter Alonso is not getting called up?

I'm also not deluded into thinking that Dom will get a solid chunk of time at 1B now. I know it's going to be Flo/Bruce with a sprinkle of Dom. And otherwise more sprinkles of LF will come Dom's way. But I really don't care that Alonso isn't here now in this cesspool. Better he's not here IMO. And if sparing the service time happens, well that's a bonus.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:39 pm 
Manager

egelband2 wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

What did he say?

The Mets third baseman has not shown a level of consistency in the “quantity or quality” of his play, assistant general manager John Ricco said Tuesday, and appears unlikely to rejoin the club this season.

“It’s unrealistic to think he would be activated anytime soon, based on what we have seen to this point,” Ricco said on a conference call with reporters. “But we really have been taking it step by step and giving him every opportunity to get back

To be a major league player takes a lot physically,” Ricco said. “So we tried to put in place a program that he could come back and show us he’s ready to be a major league player and so far he hasn’t reached that, whether it’s in terms of the playing time or playing skill. It’s kind of an all-of-the-above at this point.”

Awful.

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:42 pm 
General Manager

MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Well we know there's about twenty million differences between Wright and Alonso right now.

Mike Puma
Verified account
@NYPost_Mets
3m3 minutes ago
My major takeaway from John Ricco's conference call earlier: If the Mets are going to resume paying David Wright his full salary they want him to be a major league player. Right now insurance is covering 75 percent.

I guess they were finally forced to put it out there, and I'm actually okay with that BUT you can't just keep giving Reyes AB after AB while not letting Wright get back to the bigs just because you have to give Wright one or two of his paychecks at the end of the year.

HeyNowHK wrote:

I'm also not deluded into thinking that Dom will get a solid chunk of time at 1B now. I know it's going to be Flo/Bruce with a sprinkle of Dom. And otherwise more sprinkles of LF will come Dom's way. But I really don't care that Alonso isn't here now in this cesspool. Better he's not here IMO. And if sparing the service time happens, well that's a bonus.

I don't really care either. What's the difference if he makes his ML debut now or next April? 50 or so AB's in a meaningless month isn't going to be enough to say he should play next year regardless. They clearly don't want to use a 40-man spot on Alonso though they're not coming out and saying it. And quite honestly they want to get a look at other guys (re: Bruce) playing first before this offseason.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:47 pm 
Legend of NYFS

In the same press conference Ricco said there was no room for Alonso because Jay Bruce and Austin Jackson and Wilmer Flores need their At Bats while also telling you Wright hasn’t earned the right to be activated.

Anyone who is not disgusted by that...I just don’t get it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:50 pm 
Legend of NYFS

AllWrightNow wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Well we know there's about twenty million differences between Wright and Alonso right now.

Mike Puma
Verified account
@NYPost_Mets
3m3 minutes ago
My major takeaway from John Ricco's conference call earlier: If the Mets are going to resume paying David Wright his full salary they want him to be a major league player. Right now insurance is covering 75 percent.

I guess they were finally forced to put it out there, and I'm actually okay with that BUT you can't just keep giving Reyes AB after AB while not letting Wright get back to the bigs just because you have to give Wright one or two of his paychecks at the end of the year.

HeyNowHK wrote:

I don't really care either. What's the difference if he makes his ML debut now or next April? 50 or so AB's in a meaningless month isn't going to be enough to say he should play next year regardless. They clearly don't want to use a 40-man spot on Alonso though they're not coming out and saying it. And quite honestly they want to get a look at other guys (re: Bruce) playing first before this offseason.

There is not a chance in hell he is recalled next April and you know it.

Everyone likes to dumb the issues with this organization down to “They don’t spend enough!!!!” But ignore the fact that they could have a 300m dollar payroll and still be bad because they constantly make stupid decisions from a baseball and player development perception.

They’ll play up that they don’t know what Alonso is next year while bemoaning they have 10’m invested in Juan Lagares and 13m in Jay bruce and therefore those guys have to play while Alonso sits in AAA, probably sulks and suffers ala Dom Smith and waste another year.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:03 pm 
Legend of NYFS

And already we have a statement from Alonso’s agents bashing the Mets.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:11 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
And already we have a statement from Alonso’s agents bashing the Mets.

That was an unfortunate statement released by Alonso's agent. Bad move IMO. Should have sucked it up and not taken it public.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 19  Next