MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1073 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 90  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:42 pm
Posts: 4553
MrBreeze wrote:


I have no issue with this - he puts fannies in the minor league seats. The difference between pre and post Tebow for the Fireflies in Columbia in 2017 was stark. At least 4000 spectators less per game, iirc.

_________________
'Well, well...another blond hair. Conducting more research with that Jane Goodall tramp?'

The Far Side


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:00 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 83574
Location: New York, NY
Tebow doesn't impact anyone on the field. If he were a catcher or SS and were blocking a legit prospect then it would be worth caring about. He's an OF in an organization with almost zero OF depth. On paper AAA OF's Kaczmarski who they clearly don't think much of, Mora, Urena and likely filler. Go Teebs.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:02 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 39732
Location: Panic City
Metro2007 wrote:
Tebow doesn't impact anyone on the field. If he were a catcher or SS and were blocking a legit prospect then it would be worth caring about. He's an OF in an organization with almost zero OF depth. On paper AAA OF's Kaczmarski who they clearly don't think much of, Mora, Urena and likely filler. Go Teebs.


He'll be playing LF in Syracuse over Dom Smith.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 83574
Location: New York, NY
R Nitelight wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Tebow doesn't impact anyone on the field. If he were a catcher or SS and were blocking a legit prospect then it would be worth caring about. He's an OF in an organization with almost zero OF depth. On paper AAA OF's Kaczmarski who they clearly don't think much of, Mora, Urena and likely filler. Go Teebs.


He'll be playing LF in Syracuse over Dom Smith.


8)



That's the Mets fault for 1. Not giving Dom a chance 2. Not leaving Dom at 1b. Dom Smith is not a major league OF, he's just not. If they really think so little of Dom that Tim Tebow is the LF and Dom is on the bench then cut bait with Dom now and deal with the repercussions should he do well.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27060
Location: NYC
It would be foolish of them to leave Dom flapping out in the wind next season. It's going to hurt his value to skip him over and spend another year in the minors. I'd figure him to be a prime trade chip. And before anyone jumps on me, by prime I don't mean necessarily highly valuable; I mean that he's clearly a surplus asset that they are reasonably likely to cash in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 39732
Location: Panic City
HeyNowHK wrote:
It would be foolish of them to leave Dom flapping out in the wind next season. It's going to hurt his value to skip him over and spend another year in the minors. I'd figure him to be a prime trade chip. And before anyone jumps on me, by prime I don't mean necessarily highly valuable; I mean that he's clearly a surplus asset that they are reasonably likely to cash in.


You mean sell low and regret it.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 83574
Location: New York, NY
Funny question from @fangraphs chat-"The Yankee Way: I like that ss Rosario on the Mets, but that beard of his is the most ghastly thing I have ever seen. Any chance he shaves it off before next season?" #Mets

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:43 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 83574
Location: New York, NY
2019 Orioles figure to be awful again. Doubt they need a 29 year old arbitration eligible RP. Mets should look into him https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?p ... #pitchtype #Mets

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Instagram- @Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27060
Location: NYC
R Nitelight wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
It would be foolish of them to leave Dom flapping out in the wind next season. It's going to hurt his value to skip him over and spend another year in the minors. I'd figure him to be a prime trade chip. And before anyone jumps on me, by prime I don't mean necessarily highly valuable; I mean that he's clearly a surplus asset that they are reasonably likely to cash in.


You mean sell low and regret it.


8)

Why? Is making a fair deal that benefits both sides really entirely out of the question?

Talk about setting up an unreasonable bar... anyway, what sort of player are you expecting he's going to become? I assume the answer is the type that's going to blossom once he gets traded.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:11 pm 
Online
Franchise Player

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:30 pm
Posts: 3680
HeyNowHK wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
It would be foolish of them to leave Dom flapping out in the wind next season. It's going to hurt his value to skip him over and spend another year in the minors. I'd figure him to be a prime trade chip. And before anyone jumps on me, by prime I don't mean necessarily highly valuable; I mean that he's clearly a surplus asset that they are reasonably likely to cash in.


You mean sell low and regret it.


8)

Why? Is making a fair deal that benefits both sides really entirely out of the question?


What type of player in return would you consider equitable?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 13201
I would bet my mortgage that Dom stays and Alonso gets traded. Especially if he is as horrendous at 1b as they say he is.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2019
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 27060
Location: NYC
Steve The Original wrote:
I would bet my mortgage that Dom stays and Alonso gets traded. Especially if he is as horrendous at 1b as they say he is.

Wuuuuuuuuuut????

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


oh lord.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1073 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 90  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 69FOREVER, BastardsonofMr.Met, bklyndave69, Hilltop, jdawginsc, letsgomets942, LTKfRGM, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mogriffjr, piazzafan, slugox, underdog and 156 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media