NYFS ny mets message boards
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

2019
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45474
Page 10 of 182

Author:  pennst92 [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

MrBreeze wrote:


I have no issue with this - he puts fannies in the minor league seats. The difference between pre and post Tebow for the Fireflies in Columbia in 2017 was stark. At least 4000 spectators less per game, iirc.

Author:  Metro2007 [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

Tebow doesn't impact anyone on the field. If he were a catcher or SS and were blocking a legit prospect then it would be worth caring about. He's an OF in an organization with almost zero OF depth. On paper AAA OF's Kaczmarski who they clearly don't think much of, Mora, Urena and likely filler. Go Teebs.

Author:  R Nitelight [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

Metro2007 wrote:
Tebow doesn't impact anyone on the field. If he were a catcher or SS and were blocking a legit prospect then it would be worth caring about. He's an OF in an organization with almost zero OF depth. On paper AAA OF's Kaczmarski who they clearly don't think much of, Mora, Urena and likely filler. Go Teebs.


He'll be playing LF in Syracuse over Dom Smith.


8)

Author:  Metro2007 [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

R Nitelight wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Tebow doesn't impact anyone on the field. If he were a catcher or SS and were blocking a legit prospect then it would be worth caring about. He's an OF in an organization with almost zero OF depth. On paper AAA OF's Kaczmarski who they clearly don't think much of, Mora, Urena and likely filler. Go Teebs.


He'll be playing LF in Syracuse over Dom Smith.


8)



That's the Mets fault for 1. Not giving Dom a chance 2. Not leaving Dom at 1b. Dom Smith is not a major league OF, he's just not. If they really think so little of Dom that Tim Tebow is the LF and Dom is on the bench then cut bait with Dom now and deal with the repercussions should he do well.

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

It would be foolish of them to leave Dom flapping out in the wind next season. It's going to hurt his value to skip him over and spend another year in the minors. I'd figure him to be a prime trade chip. And before anyone jumps on me, by prime I don't mean necessarily highly valuable; I mean that he's clearly a surplus asset that they are reasonably likely to cash in.

Author:  R Nitelight [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

HeyNowHK wrote:
It would be foolish of them to leave Dom flapping out in the wind next season. It's going to hurt his value to skip him over and spend another year in the minors. I'd figure him to be a prime trade chip. And before anyone jumps on me, by prime I don't mean necessarily highly valuable; I mean that he's clearly a surplus asset that they are reasonably likely to cash in.


You mean sell low and regret it.


8)

Author:  Metro2007 [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

Funny question from @fangraphs chat-"The Yankee Way: I like that ss Rosario on the Mets, but that beard of his is the most ghastly thing I have ever seen. Any chance he shaves it off before next season?" #Mets

Author:  Metro2007 [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

2019 Orioles figure to be awful again. Doubt they need a 29 year old arbitration eligible RP. Mets should look into him https://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?p ... #pitchtype #Mets

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

R Nitelight wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
It would be foolish of them to leave Dom flapping out in the wind next season. It's going to hurt his value to skip him over and spend another year in the minors. I'd figure him to be a prime trade chip. And before anyone jumps on me, by prime I don't mean necessarily highly valuable; I mean that he's clearly a surplus asset that they are reasonably likely to cash in.


You mean sell low and regret it.


8)

Why? Is making a fair deal that benefits both sides really entirely out of the question?

Talk about setting up an unreasonable bar... anyway, what sort of player are you expecting he's going to become? I assume the answer is the type that's going to blossom once he gets traded.

Author:  slugox [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

HeyNowHK wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
It would be foolish of them to leave Dom flapping out in the wind next season. It's going to hurt his value to skip him over and spend another year in the minors. I'd figure him to be a prime trade chip. And before anyone jumps on me, by prime I don't mean necessarily highly valuable; I mean that he's clearly a surplus asset that they are reasonably likely to cash in.


You mean sell low and regret it.


8)

Why? Is making a fair deal that benefits both sides really entirely out of the question?


What type of player in return would you consider equitable?

Author:  Steve The Original [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

I would bet my mortgage that Dom stays and Alonso gets traded. Especially if he is as horrendous at 1b as they say he is.

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2019

Steve The Original wrote:
I would bet my mortgage that Dom stays and Alonso gets traded. Especially if he is as horrendous at 1b as they say he is.

Wuuuuuuuuuut????

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:


oh lord.

Page 10 of 182 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/