MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 40744
Location: Panic City
Mets lose.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 25969
Questionable managing from Callaway over the weekend.

Sent Lugo back to the mound with a 7-run lead on Saturday. Made no sense. Then let him throw 40 pitches in an inning. Benched McNeil on Sunday after a 4-hit game because that was pre-determined. And Ramos can't catch two days in a row? Jeesh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:33 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 29348
Location: NYC
sluger11787 wrote:
Questionable managing from Callaway over the weekend.

Sent Lugo back to the mound with a 7-run lead on Saturday. Made no sense. Then let him throw 40 pitches in an inning. Benched McNeil on Sunday after a 4-hit game because that was pre-determined. And Ramos can't catch two days in a row? Jeesh.

Yeah, it feels like this team is going to succeed in spite of Mickey. The Lugo and McNeil things you mentioned in particular were ridiculous.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:39 pm 
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:14 pm
Posts: 6935
Mickey is a bad manager.

Why Justin Wilson for a 2nd inning last night? He hasn't done that in years.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am
Posts: 11055
zaknim wrote:
Mickey is a bad manager.

Why Justin Wilson for a 2nd inning last night? He hasn't done that in years.


Tie game and the only other relievers available were Familia and Diaz, who likely could only pitch an inning each.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
All Star

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 2320
thebull wrote:
zaknim wrote:
Mickey is a bad manager.

Why Justin Wilson for a 2nd inning last night? He hasn't done that in years.


Tie game and the only other relievers available were Familia and Diaz, who likely could only pitch an inning each.


Because he mis-managed Lugo the day before!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:04 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:22 am
Posts: 4003
In case anyone thought last year was just a slew of rookie manager mistakes, Mickey is proving that, no, he really doesn't have a clue.

The division is going to be too competitive this season for the team to overcome Mickey mismanaging on a regular basis.

I don't care if the Mets win 90+ games this year. It would not justify retaining him. Too many of his decisions are objectively "wrong".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:23 pm 
User avatar
Offline
MVP

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:46 pm
Posts: 2966
Callaway manages too much.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:23 pm 
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 6101
Maybe moreso of the lefties the past two days but JD Davis clearly the "starter" at 3B.

SS Rosario
1B Alonso
2B Cano
3B JD Davis
RF Conforto
C Ramos
LF McNeil
CF Lagares

_________________
eternal optimist

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:02 am
Posts: 381
Isn't that what Riggleman is supposed to help with?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:25 pm 
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:25 pm
Posts: 6101
MookieWouldaBeatIt wrote:
thebull wrote:
zaknim wrote:
Mickey is a bad manager.

Why Justin Wilson for a 2nd inning last night? He hasn't done that in years.


Tie game and the only other relievers available were Familia and Diaz, who likely could only pitch an inning each.


Because he mis-managed Lugo the day before!


Meh, Lugo got the one batter, I know why he stayed out for the 9th, or do you mean why did he continue to pitch after his pitch count went past say 25-30?

_________________
eternal optimist

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: IGT: Mets Vs. Nats 3/31/19
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:22 am
Posts: 4003
Mogriffjr wrote:
Maybe moreso of the lefties the past two days but JD Davis clearly the "starter" at 3B.

SS Rosario
1B Alonso
2B Cano
3B JD Davis
RF Conforto
C Ramos
LF McNeil
CF Lagares

I think it's more of a "vs. LHP" thing with Davis.

But even so, why is he hitting cleanup over Ramos? Davis is not an established guy, meanwhile Ramos has hit something like .320 with 17 HR in about 300 PA vs LHP from 2016-2018.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bygranddesign, Google [Bot], HeyNowHK, Majestic-12 [Bot], MarkJohnson>You, Mavericknyc1980, northway, tejdog1 and 169 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media