Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: GKR

Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:36 pm

It goes back to the team's first days. They were bad, there was no hiding it. So Lindsey, Ralph and Bob built up interest for the old NL fans by talking up the opponents.

It became their way. And it's mostly carried on. Gary learned from Murph, Ron and Keith from Gary and Ralph.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:02 pm

R Nitelight wrote:
northway wrote:As much as they're great, I think this is perhaps the one area where ownership deserves credit. It's been said that they actively avoid having homers in the booth, and really want a more intellectual crew that reflects the fan base. I'm confident that their replacements will also be good when they eventually move on. Ownership understands that Mets fans won't tolerate anything else.

Bobby O sez hi!

8)

IIRC, that was financial.

Bobby wanted a raise they wouldn't meet.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:09 am

TomInNC wrote:It goes back to the team's first days. They were bad, there was no hiding it. So Lindsey, Ralph and Bob built up interest for the old NL fans by talking up the opponents.

It became their way. And it's mostly carried on. Gary learned from Murph, Ron and Keith from Gary and Ralph.

Right. There's a certain organizational style when it comes to the broadcasting and GKR didn't invent it.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:34 pm

Healy was a super homer.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:48 pm

They're great, outside their non-stop ranting about metrics.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Gary, Keith, and Ron are the gold standard, but they Yankee TV teams are pretty good.

Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:24 pm

I watch a lot of Yankee games and for the most part o think they are fine. Especially O'Neill and Cone. Cone is analytics crazy. He should pass a little along to his ex teammates.
Post a reply