Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Mets getting "aggresive" for Cano, also Diaz?

Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:58 am

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-said- ... /301137208

I was lukewarm on just Cano but if he comes with Diaz? Yeah...I think I'd be down with that.

Re: Mets getting "aggresive" for Cano, also Diaz?

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:04 am

Mets top prospects play 1b and SS/2b. They just had a rookie post post 2.7 fWAR over 63 games as a 2b. Robinson Cano for 5 years would be SO Mets it's scary. Diaz or not. C'mon.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:07 am

Oh, it's just Martino...

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:09 am

Mets fans are too excited about Edwin Diaz. The guy is very good but if you are targeting Mariners, Haniger is the get. Then you SIGN a RP #Met

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:11 am

Metro2007 wrote:Mets top prospects play 1b and SS/2b. They just had a rookie post post 2.7 fWAR over 63 games as a 2b. Robinson Cano for 5 years would be SO Mets it's scary. Diaz or not. C'mon.

McNeil can play 3rd.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:14 am

thebull wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:Mets top prospects play 1b and SS/2b. They just had a rookie post post 2.7 fWAR over 63 games as a 2b. Robinson Cano for 5 years would be SO Mets it's scary. Diaz or not. C'mon.

McNeil can play 3rd.

Actually his arm is below average. They also aren't moving 9 million to the bench in Frazier c'mon and then Gimenez plays where? He's out of the plans now? Cano is closer to a 1b than a good 2b at this point. How many teams block their top prospect who is opening in AAA with a 36 year old declining player with 5 years left?

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 am

If the Mets brought Cano in, I'd be so out. The idea is pretty insane. I give it <5% on the credibility index.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:17 am

So what's the plan? Below average range at 1b and 2b and McNeil and his light arm at 3b. Block your top prospect (Gimenez) and commit to Cano for 5 years age 36-41. Sounds ideal.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:23 am

thebull wrote:

McNeil can play 3rd.

Can he? Oh sure we can stand him there like we've done with so many others, but is it a good idea?

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:36 am

TomInNC wrote:
thebull wrote:

McNeil can play 3rd.

Can he? Oh sure we can stand him there like we've done with so many others, but is it a good idea?

He's likely better at 3B than at 2B. Why is this hard to accept? He showed plenty of life in his arm.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:47 am

Cano/Alonso would likely be one of the least rangy 2b/3b combos in baseball. It also means we are moving on from our #1 prospect (Gimenez) and we will have 18 million on the bench (Frazier/Lagares) if you even believe they would bench Frazier (I don't). But Gimenez is essentially not a Met if you add Cano.

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:49 am

HeyNowHK wrote:
TomInNC wrote:
thebull wrote:
McNeil can play 3rd.

He's likely better at 3B than at 2B. Why is this hard to accept? He showed plenty of life in his arm.

Because his arm isn't all that strong and he'll be throwing to the young 1B who everyone has concerns with.
Post a reply