MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Robinson Cano and Edwin Diaz are Mets
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:34 pm 
Legend of NYFS

The theme of the day is that Brodie is pursuing everything. Jeff gave his longest interview since he was going through the draft process (haaaaaaaaaaa get it??) and Brodie now on SNY saying he didn't leave his old position to be passive.

Jeff and BVW also essentially saying Diaz was the motivating factor and doing it to block Philly was important. Diaz was off the table from DiPoto during the first discussions but they stayed on it.

BVW: "I'm willing to be successful, and I'm willing to fail in trying to be successful."

Says they are in a 3-4 year window now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:37 pm 
Legend of NYFS

OMG.

BVW calling out the fact that the Mets relied on "ifs" too often over the last few years. "If this player is healthy, If this guy has a good year...I'm trying to eliminate as many 'ifs' as possible."

Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:37 pm 
Practically A Wilpon

Solid interview by Brodie. Agree on the past reliance on "ifs" with the roster.

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:42 pm 
NYFS Staff

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
OMG.

BVW calling out the fact that the Mets relied on "ifs" too often over the last few years. "If this player is healthy, If this guy has a good year...I'm trying to eliminate as many 'ifs' as possible."

Thank you.

Cano is an if.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:45 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
OMG.

Thank you.

Cano is an if.

For 2019? The only if would be if you think his past performance was drug-driven. He’s shown no signs of decline yet and no health issues.

Manager

Everyone is an IF. But you bringing in talent that can significantly help improve the team, that's major. BVW winning me over and I know there will be some missteps, but he's willing to uncover every stone

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

Practically A Wilpon

Mickey says Robbie as the 3 hitter.

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:47 pm 
General Manager

I think 3-4 year window is a little generous, it’s more like a two year window as presently constituted. Jake is either gone or making $25-30 million after two years. Ces will be gone by then, Wheeler will be gone or making $15-20 million. Cano will be a lot higher of a question mark in year #3 than the next two years, same with Kluber if they trade for him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:50 pm 
Legend of NYFS

AllWrightNow wrote:
I think 3-4 year window is a little generous, it’s more like a two year window as presently constituted. Jake is either gone or making $25-30 million by then. Ces will be gone by then, Wheeler will be gone or making $15-20 million. Cano will be a lot higher of a question mark in year #3 than the next two years, same with Kluber if they trade for him.

He basically said they have Cano for 5, Diaz for 4 and Kelenic is 3-4 years away so those guys align better with their core - he actually didn't even mention pitchers, he said core position players (Nimmo, Conforto).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:51 pm 
Legend of NYFS

AllWrightNow wrote:
I think 3-4 year window is a little generous, it’s more like a two year window as presently constituted. Jake is either gone or making $25-30 million after two years. Ces will be gone by then, Wheeler will be gone or making $15-20 million. Cano will be a lot higher of a question mark in year #3 than the next two years, same with Kluber if they trade for him.

Right. As of this moment, it's a 2 yr window. But there will be other changes so it remains to be seen how many eggs they do put in the immediate basket. But I would be lying if I said that didn't concern me a little bit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:13 pm 
Legend of NYFS

AllWrightNow wrote:

Yeah it's most certainly a 2-year window. Thor and Conforto would also be entering their last year of control (pending any extensions, obviously) in 2022. The time to win is now with an emphasis on 2019 while Wheeler is still around, Cano being 36, and the arbitration core (deGrom, Thor, Conforto) getting more expensive.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:20 pm 
All Star

If that presser didn't excite you - go root for the Yankees!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 545 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 46  Next