Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: IGT: Mets at Marlins 3/5/19

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:02 pm

Disco Ball wrote:I am starting to get a little worried about Gsellman. 2016 is becoming a long time ago.

Why? Looks like errors on back to back groundballs in the 6th, coming after 2 GB outs in the 5th. Didn't see any of this, but game tracker has one double hit off him. The rest should have been outs it seems.

And how many CS does Ali Sanchez have so far? Young Met catchers have looked pretty good so far, no? Ali and Uriarte...

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:16 pm

Five errors so far today, alongside one run. Glad this isn't being televised.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:20 pm

chinabox wrote:Five errors so far today, alongside one run. Glad this isn't being televised.

Guillorme not helping his own cause with 2 today.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:20 pm

How concerned are we with the league high error total? They should be fine at SS, 2b and OF defense with McNeil being the one WC. I guess a bigger concern is why so sloppy?

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:21 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:
chinabox wrote:Five errors so far today, alongside one run. Glad this isn't being televised.

Guillorme not helping his own cause with 2 today.

He's hitting HR's and making errors in the field, just as we had anticipated.

("This is why they play the games.")

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:23 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:Mets being outhit by the Fish 4-1 thru 3. Definitely not a good sign!

=D>

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:48 pm

Metro2007 wrote:How concerned are we with the league high error total? They should be fine at SS, 2b and OF defense with McNeil being the one WC. I guess a bigger concern is why so sloppy?

Considering the players making the errors, I'm going to say zero concern. Well, maybe some concern about JD Davis, who could have a role on the team. He has really looked bad with a glove on.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:50 pm

sluger11787 wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:How concerned are we with the league high error total? They should be fine at SS, 2b and OF defense with McNeil being the one WC. I guess a bigger concern is why so sloppy?

Considering the players making the errors, I'm going to say zero concern. Well, maybe some concern about JD Davis, who could have a role on the team. He has really looked bad with a glove on.

May not mean much but Mickey just named Davis 3rd in line as potential options to fill in for Lowrie. McNeil, "Hech" and then Davis.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:56 pm

Metro2007 wrote:
sluger11787 wrote:

May not mean much but Mickey just named Davis 3rd in line as potential options to fill in for Lowrie. McNeil, "Hech" and then Davis.

I would take this one fwiw, which as far as Mickey proclamations go, isn't much...

Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:24 pm

Hopefully Brodie saves himself from giving Mickey, Hechevarria...he WILL play him every night. Hech should only make this team if BOTH Frazier and Lowrie are on the DL to start the season.

McNeil should be at third, Davis backing him up, if neither is ready.
Post a reply