MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1308 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:44 am 
Rookie

At this point, the team is a mess...

What would you do as GM at the deadline?

I would probably retool vs rebuild...can’t waste this window with McNeil, Alonso, deGrom...

Trade away anyone with a club option or expiring contract for next season...(Frazier, Hech, Wheeler, etc)

Trade Dom Smith for a controllable starter. Maybe Stroman?

Pray that Cano, Lowrie, Wilson, Diaz, Familia, Nimmo , Thor have bounce back seasons.

Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:05 am 
Veteran Presence

I like the Stroman idea, but I think we'll have to give up a good prospect along with Smith. Probably an arm. Would you throw in Kay or Peterson? Is that enough?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:12 am 
Practically A Wilpon

After they lose the next two games, I'd trade players now. There is no use in waiting til the end of July when you'll just get less value.

Wheeler for the best near-ready arm you can get

Ramos (plus $2m this year) for low level lottery ticket

Frazier for relief pitching prospect that needs to be added to 40 man this offseason

I'd also put feelers out for Lugo. Its only a matter of time before he needs TJ. Get the most value out of him now. I can see a team "overpaying" for him. Not sure there is anyone else on the roster that you can get equal value to what they provide to the Mets.

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:17 am 
Everyday Player

stevereiff wrote:
can’t waste this window with McNeil, Alonso, deGrom....

Sure they can. And they will.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:24 am 
Everyday Player

Guys I would move:

Wheeler
Frazier
Ramos
Syndergaard

Guys I may have to move

Conforto
Lugo

I would also look to move Dom if they dont think he can play LF at an average level. His value is probably high at the moment

We need more arms, a CF and a C.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:26 am 
Manager

I still don't move Noah. I think it's foolish we'll never get an arm like that back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:29 am 
Rookie

Ralf wrote:

Ramos (plus $2m this year) for low level lottery ticket

If goal is to win next year Ramos likely has to stay... He’s under performed but the alternative is Nido and well the jury is still out if Nido is a MLB starter..

The Mets have a ton of quality catching prospects coming up thru the system. (Sanchez, Meyer, Alvarez, etc). I would not expect them to sign anyone long term in the off-season so you either need to trade up or go with they got and hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:32 am 
Franchise Player

Why trade Wheeler when you can QO him?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:33 am 
Legend of NYFS

Saying you can't waste this window is how you wind up wasting this window and the next window as well.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:37 am 
Franchise Player

yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
I like the Stroman idea, but I think we'll have to give up a good prospect along with Smith. Probably an arm. Would you throw in Kay or Peterson? Is that enough?

I wouldn't move Kay in a package for Stroman.

Stroman is a very good pitcher, but I don't think he's dominant enough to warrant giving up your best pitching prospect (who is already knocking on the door of MLB).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:38 am 
Everyday Player

Metsfan980 wrote:
Why trade Wheeler when you can QO him?

Because he may accept the QO and you are stuck paying close to $18mil to an average P that you are going to move anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:39 am 
Everyday Player

zaknim wrote:
I still don't move Noah. I think it's foolish we'll never get an arm like that back.

We also dont have anyone else that is going to bring back a monster package like Noah will. And for all his physical ability, he isnt what he should be. Now is the time to move him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1308 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 109  Next