MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 109  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:01 am 
Offline
Manager

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:14 pm
Posts: 6978
Reports that the Red Sox are out on any potential deal for Wheeler.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:19 am 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 7637
zaknim wrote:
Reports that the Red Sox are out on any potential deal for Wheeler.


Well they did just get Cashner


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:34 am 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:06 pm
Posts: 1013
Location: New Jersey
Apparently, the Mets asking price for Wheeler is high at the moment

https://www.nj.com/mets/2019/07/mlb-tra ... eeler.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:35 am 
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:38 pm
Posts: 1254
tdawg14 wrote:
Apparently, the Mets asking price for Wheeler is high at the moment

https://www.nj.com/mets/2019/07/mlb-tra ... eeler.html


Good.

If the return doesn't match the value of a comp pick, don't sell.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:01 am 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:09 pm
Posts: 7266
It will be big if Wheeler pitches a great game against a playoff-bound and very good team like the Twins on Tuesday


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:56 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 40831
Location: Panic City
bygranddesign wrote:
It will be big if Wheeler pitches a great game against a playoff-bound and very good team like the Twins on Tuesday



.... Or he could just go on the DL with right shoulder fatigue.....


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:06 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8587
LOL

Can't even make this stuff up.

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 29794
Location: NYC
](*,)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:31 pm
Posts: 4611
Hot Takes wrote:
I think most would be more willing to go along with Rosario's learning curve at the plate if his glove were even passable at SS. But it's not.

I do like his potential at the plate but it gets harder to play him at SS everyday.


I think the glove comes around with hard work and repetition. He may not be gold glove but he has too many tools not to turn into a serviceable SS. He seems to get to the ball just boots it which could be focus.

An odd thing that may be a statistical anomaly but Rosario this year:
SP first AB: 89 PA's 407/442/716 - 6 2b, 2 3b, 5 HR
SP 2nd AB: 84 PA's 225/250/350 - 4 2b, 0 3b, 2 HR
SP 3rd AB: 49 PA's 214/292/286 - 1 2b, 1 3b, 0 HR

Is he having trouble adjusting to the SP/C adjusting to him? Is he changing his approach from the first AB as the game goes on? Is he not in great shape and getting tired therefore losing focus? Is it a statistical anomaly.

_________________
"It's not a daily regiment, it's not a twice daily regiment, who has time for that nonsense" - Giuseppe Franco Beverly Hills Salon Owner

Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:06 pm
Posts: 1013
Location: New Jersey
God the Rays would have robbed Brodie, but this would have been a good spot

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/status/ ... 5079799808


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:09 pm 
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 8753
ndfordarling wrote:
Hot Takes wrote:
I think most would be more willing to go along with Rosario's learning curve at the plate if his glove were even passable at SS. But it's not.

I do like his potential at the plate but it gets harder to play him at SS everyday.


I think the glove comes around with hard work and repetition. He may not be gold glove but he has too many tools not to turn into a serviceable SS. He seems to get to the ball just boots it which could be focus.

An odd thing that may be a statistical anomaly but Rosario this year:
SP first AB: 89 PA's 407/442/716 - 6 2b, 2 3b, 5 HR
SP 2nd AB: 84 PA's 225/250/350 - 4 2b, 0 3b, 2 HR
SP 3rd AB: 49 PA's 214/292/286 - 1 2b, 1 3b, 0 HR

Is he having trouble adjusting to the SP/C adjusting to him? Is he changing his approach from the first AB as the game goes on? Is he not in great shape and getting tired therefore losing focus? Is it a statistical anomaly.

No, he doesn’t get to balls either.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:17 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 1:06 pm
Posts: 1013
Location: New Jersey
The emphasis now should be moving Noah before the deadline. You arent getting anything for Frazier, Vargas or Ramos. We cannot let this deadline pass with just those guys being moved. Teams are all over SPs right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 109  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], LTKfRGM and 164 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media