MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 109  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mets Trade Deadline
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:47 pm 
Rookie

My Rosario post was more of an idea of selling on the name. Is there a chance he still gets better? Sure, but he's about to start getting paid next offseason and he isn't great right now. He's probably a light-hitting CF at the moment, rather than a SS and I would try to sell him to anyone who sees him as a high upside SS, ideally, for some controllable pitching to offset moving Wheeler/Syndergaard.

No idea what a Wheeler to Rays deal looks like because they don't match up with NY's needs right now, which I guess is what they will be aiming for. If not, they have a good farm stocked with arms.

Bring back the black jerseys

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:12 pm 
Everyday Player

Mets are scouting Deivi Garcia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:29 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Disco Ball wrote:

Too much for Wheeler.

Not nearly enough for Thor.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:08 pm 
NYFS Staff

R Nitelight wrote:
Disco Ball wrote:

Too much for Wheeler.

8)

Garcia and Frazier for Thor...? That would be an interesting trade. Hurts on both sides...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:15 pm 
Blue Chipper

jdawginsc wrote:
R Nitelight wrote:
Disco Ball wrote:

Too much for Wheeler.

8)

Garcia and Frazier for Thor...? That would be an interesting trade. Hurts on both sides...

I think Frazier is a good offensive player but he's another corner outfielder and we just need a center fielder so badly. I'd really like to get one if we are giving up Noah.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:28 pm 
Rookie

If we're really serious about trading Noah, we should be trading everyone except for McNeil, Alonso, and maybe Smith. Team isn't going very far with a rotation of deGrom, Matz, and nobody for the foreseeable future.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:35 pm 
Practically A Wilpon

I’m calling now, if they trade Noah, Cano will also be in the deal.

Noah and Cano (plus all his money)

for

Garcia and Ellsbury

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:15 pm 
Legend of NYFS

TheUpperDeck wrote:
If we're really serious about trading Noah, we should be trading everyone except for McNeil, Alonso, and maybe Smith. Team isn't going very far with a rotation of deGrom, Matz, and nobody for the foreseeable future.

The idea of trading Jake was legit a year ago bc at this point 1 year ago he was pre-extension. Now that he’s locked up for the long term, he certainly should be part of the Mets next contender. Even if they do break things down some, they won’t tear it down to the studs.

However you view this, having 2 young cheap stars plus an ace SPers whose locked up for 4 more seasons is huge. Geez, getting an ace is the hard part and they already have that taken care of.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:22 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Ralf wrote:
I’m calling now, if they trade Noah, Cano will also be in the deal.

Noah and Cano (plus all his money)

for

Garcia and Ellsbury

Calling it now, Cano will hit 340/400/500 over the remainder of the season (for the Mets). He will appear to turn back the clock and at least temporarily change the narrative heading into the off-season.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:29 pm 
Rookie

69FOREVER wrote:
jdawginsc wrote:

I think Frazier is a good offensive player but he's another corner outfielder and we just need a center fielder so badly. I'd really like to get one if we are giving up Noah.

This is actually the kind of trade needed by the Mets. I would probably ask for another lower piece from the Yankees (Garcia has a ton of reliever risk), but adding Frazier and then having him as a potential replacement for Conforto when you trade him this summer makes sense to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:32 pm 
Rookie

TheUpperDeck wrote:

Meh, I'm keeping deGrom, McNeil, Alonso, Nimmo, Rosario and Diaz. Everyone else can go of various degrees.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:34 pm 
Legend of NYFS

For all the talk of a sky high asking price for Noah, what do people think that means for practical purposes? If the Astros said “ok we’ll give you Tucker plus 2 other prospects other than Whitley or Beer.” Would the Mets even jump on that? I don’t have a clue. Most of the discussion has been a ‘will they or won’t they’ and not about who they’d need to get.

People have been oddly quiet on this it seems. What would get people to perk up in a Noah trade?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 109  Next