MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MLB trade deadline
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:18 am 
Legend of NYFS

Maybe this doesn't go here, but nobody checks the main MLB board.

Redsox got things started trading 2 DSL guys (not big bonus guys either, $85,000 and $275,000 I think) for Andrew Cashner who's not a great pitcher but he's having a nice year. 9-3, ERA under 4 (WHIP over 4), 2.7 WAR.

I don't get this trade from the O's standpoint. I think they should have gotten more. They sent money to the Redsox too.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/red- ... m-orioles/

Quote:
As for the Orioles' return package, Romero, age 17, has a .700 OPS with two home runs in 29 games in the Dominican Summer League while seeing time at third, second, and short. Prado, also 17, has batted .303/.400/.418 with three home runs and 20 walks in 147 plate appearances in the Dominican Summer League. Romero and Prado were both signed out of Venezuela.

https://soxprospects.com/players/romero-noelberth.htm

https://soxprospects.com/players/prado-elio.htm

If we got that return for Wheeler, I'd be pissed. I don't get why the O's did this.

Post subject: Re: MLB trade deadline
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:58 am 
Everyday Player

Well, yeah, I'd be pissed, too, but I think Wheeler is much better more and valuable than Cashner (yes, I know Cashner's ERA is lower this season). That return seems fair for the mediocre guy Cashner is.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:50 am 
Legend of NYFS

While I think the Orioles could have done better I support the thinking behind it.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:23 pm 
Rookie

Homer Bailey to the Athletics per Passan. No idea on the return yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:34 pm 
NYFS Staff

SNESandMets wrote:
Homer Bailey to the Athletics per Passan. No idea on the return yet.

Kevin Merrill per MLBTR